Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
zh3
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
rx580
Hello I updated manually my open core from 6.0 to the latest version but now when I try to boot from it I get stuck at this screen. Do you know what that means? What did I do wrong?

Attachments

• 784B1F78-EA5C-455C-B510-686D7EFFE1E1.jpeg
    784B1F78-EA5C-455C-B510-686D7EFFE1E1.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 57
Hello I updated manually my open core from 6.0 to the latest version but now when I try to boot from it I get stuck at this screen. Do you know what that means? What did I do wrong?

Hi there.

Did you run the new OpenCore version of ocvalidate on your config.plist?

The format of the file has changed and you need to make sure the config.plist is updated to the latest version.

:)

Hi there.

Did you run the new OpenCore version of ocvalidate on your config.plist?

The format of the file has changed and you need to make sure the config.plist is updated to the latest version.

:)
No I did not. I just added/replaced the files. I will check this tomorrow and I’ll post an update. Thanks.

No I did not. I just added/replaced the files. I will check this tomorrow and I’ll post an update. Thanks.
Hi - If I may, do not just update the config.plist, all files in the EFI should also be updated to coincide with the OC version i.e Drivers and latest kext version if available. Updating just the config.plist will cause conflicts leading to kernel panics and/or boot failure.

Hi - If I may, do not just update the config.plist, all files in the EFI should also be updated to coincide with the OC version i.e Drivers and latest kext version if available. Updating just the config.plist will cause conflicts leading to kernel panics and/or boot failure.
i i downloaded the new versions of most kexts, i did replace the important files to the new ones. Do i need to chenge my plist and how to know what to change?

i i downloaded the new versions of most kexts, i did replace the important files to the new ones. Do i need to chenge my plist and how to know what to change?
Running your config.plist through the OCvalidate will give you the missing keys and other settings, as has been mentioned, with a config that old there will be many errors. In addition you will need to stop using the bootstrap in the configuration as it is no longer used and will need to do a reset nvram as well. I always use a program called DiffMerge with the sample.plist from the new OC loaded in the left pane and my current config.plist loaded in the right. This makes it really easy to spot the differences as it highlights them all and add the new keys with a simple right click and choose replace with this. Then after every change the file is saved and run through the OCvalidate again in Terminal to check if I got the error solved. I do one error at a time until they are all gone and it says no issues found. And hopefully you do this with a USB stick for the testing of the new configuration, if successful you can copy the new to your drives EFI partition if not remove the stick and go back to booting as normal with the old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back