Contribute
Register

Please help! System Folder!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im not sure if this is the correct section but im desperate for help with this!

Ive done a hackintosh in the past with flying colours but this was back in the day of i-Boot.. It seems these newer OSX with newer bootloaders are making things abit more difficult but obviously at the end working flawlessly.

My question is, ive been following the HP Probook 4520s Install with yosemite, i am stuck pretty much at the first hurdle!

Once you have your Unibeast USB we have to do some work on it.
Start by going into the USB drive then go to:
System/Library/Extensions/

And we want to find 2 files and copy them to another USB (or in a folder you create on the installer USB):
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

After you have copied them, you need to remove them.

Once those two files are copied and removed we are done with the Unibeast USB.

My problem is that when i go onto my Install USB ive created, oh, theres no System folder, i have EFI-Backups & Install OSX Yosemite, past this i will be fine but im guessing its these 2 Kexts that keep rebooting the installer!

Please help ive been stuck for days!

Thanks in advance!

update

i can get into the folders, i think, but i cant view files within, i have un hidden all files!

Last edited:
Hi, im not sure if this is the correct section but im desperate for help with this!

Ive done a hackintosh in the past with flying colours but this was back in the day of i-Boot.. It seems these newer OSX with newer bootloaders are making things abit more difficult but obviously at the end working flawlessly.

My question is, ive been following the HP Probook 4520s Install with yosemite, i am stuck pretty much at the first hurdle!

Once you have your Unibeast USB we have to do some work on it.
Start by going into the USB drive then go to:
System/Library/Extensions/

And we want to find 2 files and copy them to another USB (or in a folder you create on the installer USB):
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

After you have copied them, you need to remove them.

Once those two files are copied and removed we are done with the Unibeast USB.

My problem is that when i go onto my Install USB ive created, oh, theres no System folder, i have EFI-Backups & Install OSX Yosemite, past this i will be fine but im guessing its these 2 Kexts that keep rebooting the installer!

Please help ive been stuck for days!

Thanks in advance!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back