Contribute
Register

Please help - stuck on white screen with mac logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

T16

Motherboard
Asus B85M> Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first Hackintosh. I booted with Iboot which worked. Then inserted the snow leopard CD and and pressed enter for install. White screen then appears with mac logo, and never goes any further then that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is my first Hackintosh. I booted with Iboot which worked. Then inserted the snow leopard CD and and pressed enter for install. White screen then appears with mac logo, and never goes any further then that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Are you using iBoot Haswell? You have to match the iBoot version with the hardware.

Are you using iBoot Haswell? You have to match the iBoot version with the hardware.
I did try the IBoot Haswell, and it did boot up. I got as far as the screen which asks which language. When trying to select the language my mouse and keyboard would not work. Any ideas???

I did try the IBoot Haswell, and it did boot up. I got as far as the screen which asks which language. When trying to select the language my mouse and keyboard would not work. Any ideas???
In the BIOS settings make sure Legacy USB support is enabled.
Use the USB2.0 ports closest to the PS/2 port for mouse and keyboard.

In the BIOS settings make sure Legacy USB support is enabled.
Use the USB2.0 ports closest to the PS/2 port for mouse and keyboard.
Legacy USB support is enabled, and I am using the USB 2.0 ports closest to the P/S port. But still stuck in the same spot.

If all you are seeing is a white screen after selecting the SL icon at the iBoot screen, then it is probably a graphics problem with the nVidia GPU. Try booting with the iBoot Haswell CD using the following boot-args for SL boot:

-v -x nv_disable=1

Post results.

I did try the IBoot Haswell, and it did boot up. I got as far as the screen which asks which language. When trying to select the language my mouse and keyboard would not work. Legacy USB support is enabled, and I am using the USB 2.0 ports closest to the P/S port. But still stuck on the language screen. Thanks for your help!

I did try the IBoot Haswell, and it did boot up. I got as far as the screen which asks which language. When trying to select the language my mouse and keyboard would not work. Legacy USB support is enabled, and I am using the USB 2.0 ports closest to the P/S port. But still stuck on the language screen. Thanks for your help!
Have you tried with mouse/kb in any of the other USB ports?

Ok I moved keyboard/mouse to USB 3.0 ports and they are now functioning. I will do the complete snow leopard install tonight. Afterwards how will I get the USB 2.0 ports to work??
Thanks!

Ok I moved keyboard/mouse to USB 3.0 ports and they are now functioning. I will do the complete snow leopard install tonight. Afterwards how will I get the USB 2.0 ports to work??
Thanks!
You will have to install Mavericks of later to have a working system since SL does not support Haswell hardware along with later version of Chimera or Clover - recommend Clover due to upgrade issues with Chimera not working past Yosemite. This should clear up the USB problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back