Contribute
Register

PLEASE HELP - Problems booting the installer from USB thumb drive - HP ENVY TS 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC x64-based
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Cores 8 Logical
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

First of all, this is my first time trying to install Mac OSX on non-Mac hardware. It is also my first time trying to use the Unibeast/Multibeast method (obviously). I have followed the Installation Guide exactly to make my thumb drive bootable. I have also checked other peoples installations on YouTube to verify that I am following the Unibeast formatting process correctly.The part where I get stuck is the BIOS/booting from the thumb drive into the installer to install Yosemite onto my computer.

The BIOS that my HP Envy 15 uses is called Insyde and I have configured it as closely as I can to how the guide tells me. I don't have anything in the BIOS called "Optimized Defaults". I wasn't sure if this was a setting in the CustoMac BIOS or if this just means the default BIOS setup for whatever machine the person wants to install on. I turned VT (Visualization) off. There is no CFG-Lock option. Secure boot is turned off. There is no option for OS type. I will list some basic system specs below.

syssum1.PNG

Any help that I can get with this issue is very much appreciated.
Thanks!

P.s. If there is any other system information that you need to help me solve this, please let me know.

Hi everyone,

First of all, this is my first time trying to install Mac OSX on non-Mac hardware. It is also my first time trying to use the Unibeast/Multibeast method (obviously). I have followed the Installation Guide exactly to make my thumb drive bootable. I have also checked other peoples installations on YouTube to verify that I am following the Unibeast formatting process correctly.The part where I get stuck is the BIOS/booting from the thumb drive into the installer to install Yosemite onto my computer.

The BIOS that my HP Envy 15 uses is called Insyde and I have configured it as closely as I can to how the guide tells me. I don't have anything in the BIOS called "Optimized Defaults". I wasn't sure if this was a setting in the CustoMac BIOS or if this just means the default BIOS setup for whatever machine the person wants to install on. I turned VT (Visualization) off. There is no CFG-Lock option. Secure boot is turned off. There is no option for OS type. I will list some basic system specs below.

View attachment 126600

Thanks!

P.s. If there is any other system information that you need to help me solve this, please let me know.

What is happening after selecting the Unibeast USB for booting ??

As per the above image your BIOS is set to UEFI mode. change to Legacy Mode then try to boot from Unibeast USB. Otherwise create UEFI Bootable USB with the help of CLOVER. You can use below guide,

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Whenever I restart my computer with USB boot changed to boot first order or use the UEFI "Boot from USB" option, it's almost as if the computer doesn't recognize the USB drive as a bootable hardware option. It just basically ignores it and boots into Windows 8. Btw, can I use clover to Dual Boot with my existing install of Windows 8? I know that's off topic, but I'm curious. I will try it with legacy mode/clover.

Hi everyone,

View attachment 126600

Thanks!

Not a ProBook/EliteBook/zBook. Moved to Yosemite Laptop Support.

Use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Whenever I restart my computer with USB boot changed to boot first order or use the UEFI "Boot from USB" option, it's almost as if the computer doesn't recognize the USB drive as a bootable hardware option. It just basically ignores it and boots into Windows 8.

If you are using UEFI as your BIOS mode, you should create bootable USB with CLOVER. Unibeast USBs are not capable to boot in systems which having the BIOS Mode set to Legacy. Below Guide you can use for creating UEFI Bootable USB for OS X Installation.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Btw, can I use clover to Dual Boot with my existing install of Windows 8? I know that's off topic, but I'm curious. I will try it with legacy mode/clover.

You can achieve the Dual Boot with CLOVER. But as you are trying to install in a laptop, you may have only one HDD. If your current Drive type is GPT then you can use already installed windows. Otherwise you have to reinstall the windows as the OS X is only possible to install on a GPT drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back