Intel graphics HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys, my first post here.

I recently put together my first hackintosh. But I got one major problem.

my specs:

intel core i3-3225
gigabyte ga-z77n-wifi (version f2)
corsair vengeance ddr3 16000MHz cl10

i set up the bios exactly as in the TonyMac guide. I was able to install the system with boot flag -x and ran mulibeast selecting the settings for audio and Ethernet for this motherboard.

BUT HERE COMES THE PROBLEM, when I try to boot know, doesn't matter if its from the hdd or the USB, the screen is totally messed up and frozen. What should I do? Please help!

(I attached a picture of it)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 95
Either you are using an unsupported cable like VGA or you missed a step. Boot from the hard drive at the Chimera boot screen with -x again. And select in MultiBeast under Customizations/Boot Options/ select 1080p Display. Then restart.

Thank you very much for the answer. I'm using the dvi port, so I don't think that's the problem. I will try to choose the 1080p in Multibeast as soon as I can tomorrow. But I don't know how i will be able to log in and use Multibeast because the screen always freezes like that even when I try do boot with the -x flag (both when I try to boot from hdd and USB)

Thank you very much for the answer. I'm using the dvi port, so I don't think that's the problem. I will try to choose the 1080p in Multibeast as soon as I can tomorrow. But I don't know how i will be able to log in and use Multibeast because the screen always freezes like that even when I try do boot with the -x flag (both when I try to boot from hdd and USB)

No problem. You could try unplugging and plugging the cable back in once at the login screen, Also try the soft touch on the power button to send it to sleep and wake it back up again.

If all else fails then a 25 minute fresh install with the MultiBeast settings you used +1080p Display should get you running ok.

No problem. You could try unplugging and plugging the cable back in once at the login screen, Also try the soft touch on the power button to send it to sleep and wake it back up again.

If all else fails then a 25 minute fresh install with the MultiBeast settings you used +1080p Display should get you running ok.

The 1080p display didn't fix it. But I'm, as I said, using the dvi port but to a VGA screen, so im using a dvi to vga adapter. Might this be the problem? Because when i connect my computer to the tv which has hdmi it works perfect. Even when I connect it via a dvi to hdmi adapter.

The strange thing is that my vga computer screen worked without any problem when i installed using unibeast (using the dvi-vga adapter), but then when i rebooted everything was messed up.

Just a thought, I had issue like this and it was the DSDT, did you use the one Tonymac provides and put on desktop, select the checkbox before when you ran Multibeast?

The 1080p display didn't fix it. But I'm, as I said, using the dvi port but to a VGA screen, so im using a dvi to vga adapter. Might this be the problem? Because when i connect my computer to the tv which has hdmi it works perfect. Even when I connect it via a dvi to hdmi adapter.

The strange thing is that my vga computer screen worked without any problem when i installed using unibeast (using the dvi-vga adapter), but then when i rebooted everything was messed up.

Yes it will definitely be the DVI-VGA adapter as proven by you it works perfectly when using a DVI to HDMI adapter. It is known fact that VGA isn't supported.

The reason the VGA screen worked thorough out the install was because you didn't have graphics acceleration. I have seen this issue a lot on this forum. And from where you are right now you have a successful install that doesn't need tampering with just a supported screen/cable.

Yes it will definitely be the DVI-VGA adapter as proven by you it works perfectly when using a DVI to HDMI adapter. It is known fact that VGA isn't supported.

The reason the VGA screen worked thorough out the install was because you didn't have graphics acceleration. I have seen this issue a lot on this forum. And from where you are right now you have a successful install that doesn't need tampering with just a supported screen/cable.

Okay, well thanks for your help, I will buy a new screen for my awesome hackintosh then. Once again thank you very much, it's people like you how makes it possible for beginners like me to build hackintoshes!

Okay, well thanks for your help, I will buy a new screen for my awesome hackintosh then. Once again thank you very much, it's people like you how makes it possible for beginners like me to build hackintoshes!

No problem at all. Good luck and congrats on your install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back