GT 740
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I'm a old member newbie.

I'm very desperate about my slow boot time in my computer, I hope experienced users could help me.

I used to run El Capitan in my old system before, I decided to upgrade to High Sierra. I didn’t want to take a risk so I decided to install on a new SSD. I take off the old SSD (El Capitan) , and installed a new SSD and make High Sierra installation.

The rest of the other SATA disks stayed.I followed the instructions everything gone well, I didn’t got any problems.

At the beginning of early days of new installation system used to boot fairly fast enough, but suddenly booting takes too much time I mean so much time, it takes 5 minutes to boot , maybe I did something but I really don’t remember what I did wrong.By the way It seems like normal Bıos time also slow too.

I work with audio and I need a lot of HD capacity. I have a lot of SATA disks and they are all connected to the system, they were connected before and after the Installation.

And if it is important in my bios boot menu I saw a lot of EFI named entries there, maybe they are left from my old El Capitan Installation.

My Clover Version 4630 ( I see it evertime it boots)

Also my system sometimes makes wakeup problems if I leave it open for long time (I mean more than 1 hour)

I can’t send a config file because I don’t know where or how to find it. I know its very important in my case because I have a lot of HDDs. I have clover configurator, I copied bootlog and Disk partitaions from there, if you want more information I will be ready to send them to you.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks to all for your time for reading and (I hope) for your help.

Bless you all,
Best Regards

My hardware is:
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
i7 4790k
Evga GT 740
Crucial mx500 (system), it was a Samsung 850 Evo before
2X8 GB ram
4 x W/D 2TB HDD
1 x W/D 3TB HDD

Attachments

• MYDISKS.jpg
    MYDISKS.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 87
  • MYEFIPARTITATIONS.jpg
    MYEFIPARTITATIONS.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 89
  • mybootlog.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I solved it :)

Ok I decided to look to bios because my bios to clover time was long too and I find the answer that some of my boot options was changed. I attached the settings incase someone will need. It takes 10 -15 seconds to boot now.
cheers

Attachments

• bios.jpg
    bios.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back