Contribute
Register

Please Help !! ML + 2500K Sandy + GA-Z77n-Wifi WONT BOOT !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zotac H55ITX-A-E
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
Geforce 9400GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Please Help !! ML + 3570K + GA-Z77n-Wifi WONT BOOT !

I have searched everywhere and I can't find any information on installing Mountain Lion on
GA-Z77n-Wifi with a Sandy Bridge CPU. I am at wits end. :banghead:
I can install just fine but I cannot get OS X to boot back up after running Multibeast.
I have tried with and without the following:

DSDT from database
DSDT Free
Audio ALC892 ALC889
Disk Trim 10.8.1 + Patch
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed
Chamera
SSDT Core i5
Boot 1080P Display
Sys Definitions 3,1

I cannot boot back into OS X even with the -x option and I cannot find the problem in verbose mode because the computer just restarts immediately after loading kexts before anything happens.

Please Help!!!

UPDATE:
changed CPU to i5 3570K for $20 more but later discovered that this probably wasn't the issue.
setting to 1080p is what is breaking my system - cant even boot with unibeast and GraphicsEnabler=No after setting to 1080p

Try booting from the USB then loading into the harddrive from that boot menu
I have searched everywhere and I can't find any information on installing Mountain Lion on
GA-Z77n-Wifi with a Sandy Bridge CPU. I am at wits end. :banghead:
I can install just fine but I cannot get OS X to boot back up after running Multibeast.
I have tried with and without the following:

DSDT from database
DSDT Free
Audio ALC892 ALC889
Disk Trim 10.8.1 + Patch
Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed
Chamera
SSDT Core i5
Boot 1080P Display
Sys Definitions 3,1

I cannot boot back into OS X even with the -x option and I cannot find the problem in verbose mode because the computer just restarts immediately after loading kexts before anything happens.

Please Help!!!

Try booting from the USB then loading into the harddrive from that boot menu

I can reboot all I want as long as I don't run multibeast.

If I choose the "User DSDT or DSDT Free..." then It breaks and I have to restore with SuperDuper.

If I just install Chimera (and not "User DSDT...") then Chimera does not install properly and I can still boot from the Unibeast USB but not from Chimera.

Shutdown, clear the bios by removing the battery.
On restart you will be asked to load failsafe options, select that and reboot.Make sure you don't have any funky peripherals plugged in.
If you are able to reach the boot screen, pass in params -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Post back if you are able to boot up. I had a 9500 GT plugged in and the installer would go nuts on startup. I solved it by removing the Gfx card.

Shutdown, clear the bios by removing the battery.
On restart you will be asked to load failsafe options, select that and reboot.Make sure you don't have any funky peripherals plugged in.
If you are able to reach the boot screen, pass in params -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Post back if you are able to boot up. I had a 9500 GT plugged in and the installer would go nuts on startup. I solved it by removing the Gfx card.

Thanks for the effort but still no go.
I have F2 BIOS and did the above but still no go. :(
I have tried a few different bootloaders and none work.
When I install Chimera all I get is white text on black screen that states the Darwin version number and some other stuff. -weird
another time I got the Boot0 error and tried the fix for that but still nothing
on another attempt I got the Boot0 error but instead of Boot0 it was Boot1
When Chimera is installed I get the fore-mentioned text on black screen and instant reboot.

Thanks for your help but I am going to sell the CPU and get the 3570K. Hopefully the new CPU will save me some trouble.

Thanks for your help but I am going to sell the CPU and get the 3570K. Hopefully the new CPU will save me some trouble.
Yes. I believe the trouble your experiencing is caused by using a 2nd gen cpu with a z77 chipset. It is possible to make it work using something called bridgehelper, but you made the right choice buying an ivy bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back