ASUS VivoBook Pro N552VX
CPU
i7 6700HQ
Graphics
nvida gtx 950m 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi there,

first of all I would like to say I am reading this forum for a while now - I really appreciate what you guys have made possible :headbang:

It would be awesome if you guys could check this parts - if this is compatible:

or: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) CL16 DR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288pin ?!?

Many thx in advance!

Hi there,

first of all I would like to say I am reading this forum for a while now - I really appreciate what you guys have made possible :headbang:

It would be awesome if you guys could check this parts - if this is compatible:

or: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) CL16 DR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288pin ?!?

Many thx in advance!

If you are going to run El Capitan I do not recommend the Asrock X99 board. I am having problems with mine and still have not managed to get ElCap to boot properly.
Take a closer look at Gigabyte or Asus or MSI boards.

Hi,
thx for your feedback. Yes, I was planning to run el capitan, but would it work with mavericks or yosemite? If yes - I think el capitan is not a must have for me at this moment..

Which boards would you recommend for this build?

Hi,
thx for your feedback. Yes, I was planning to run el capitan, but would it work with mavericks or yosemite? If yes - I think el capitan is not a must have for me at this moment..

Which boards would you recommend for this build?

I am using X99M Killer and it does run Yosemite, but if you are first time builder you might want to go with a Z97 build unless you like the challenges and :banghead: of pushing the limits with OS X non-supported hardware. If you can't get it going you can always install Linux or Windows.

hey thx for the info.

yes, of course I could install windows or linux but than I wouldn't be interested in hackintosh and I wouldn't register here ;) hehe

About which z97 are you talking about

• Asrock s1150 Z97 ANNIVERSARY ?

or

• Asus Z97-P, s1150, USB 3.0, Gigabit LAN ?

BTW - I found this thread regarding the asrock x99 extreme 4:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ung-4k-asus-x99-e-ws-clover-efi-sm951-14.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back