Please help me migrate from P35 to Z97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z97x-ud3h bios 10b
CPU
Graphics
gtx650ti
Got a working Mavericks installation on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P mobo, video card is a Nvidia GTX 650 TI. I just ordered a GA-Z97X-UD3H mobo with 4690K processor. Ideally I'd just like to tweak what needs tweaking on the current install, swap the new mobo assembly in, boot and resume working. Onboard audio is disabled on both boards as I use an external soundcard. I have a custom DSDT for the old board and I'm on AHCI already. Current bootloader says "boot v5.0.132 Chameleon v2.2 svn r2463"

What's the easiest way to go about it? Thanks.

Got a working Mavericks installation on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P mobo, video card is a Nvidia GTX 650 TI. I just ordered a GA-Z97X-UD3H mobo with 4690K processor. Ideally I'd just like to tweak what needs tweaking on the current install, swap the new mobo assembly in, boot and resume working. Onboard audio is disabled on both boards as I use an external soundcard. I have a custom DSDT for the old board and I'm on AHCI already. Current bootloader says "boot v5.0.132 Chameleon v2.2 svn r2463"

What's the easiest way to go about it? Thanks.

Most likely, you can move the drive to new hardware and use MultiBeast to install networking kexts for new board and have little/no problems. Might also need 3rd party SATA or other kexts depending on what board you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back