Contribute
Register

Please help me install Sierra onto my X99 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of waiting for the new Multibeast, I'm going ahead and folding in the advice from the X99 ElCapitan installs into this one.
  • use Unibeast 7.0.1 to make a Sierra boot USB. Go ahead and try to boot it if you want - it doesn't work, so:
  • mount the EFI partition (I use the Terminal
    "sudo mkdir EFI ; sudo mount -t MSDOS /dev/disk2s1 EFI" but some folks prefer GUI tools)
  • launch the latest Clover Configurator
  • -> Under Boot, select Verbose -v, arch=x86_64, npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1,
  • -> Under Kernel and Kext Patches, select KernelHaswellE And add FakeCPUID 0x0306C0
  • -> Under System Parameters, create a Mac Pro 6,1
  • -> Under Install Drivers, added EmuVariableUefi, and VBoxHFS under Drivers 64Bit
  • Follow the sections about .efi and .kexts in step 5 of the above guide
At this point, I have a Sierra USB that boots (with lots of errors) all the way to the OSX Installer.

After installation, the system booted, went through Apple's new user process, so I downloaded the NVidia web driver, installed Clover on the new boot drive, and copied over the .kexts and .efi's from the USB. Finally, I re-mounted EFI, and manually edited /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, adding

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

to the SystemParameters section.

Rebooting at this point gave me the famous "it's running, but with a black screen", so I edited /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and replaced Config1 and Config2 with "none" in the "ConfigMap" section. Then I had to

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

And at this point, my system cleanly boots with the Nvidia Web drivers working.

Can you post your config file and 64 Folder ?

Aha - this might not apply to Haswell processors, which I think are supported with the FakeCPUID 0x0306C0

maybe try and boot with just FakeCPUID 0x0306C0 and KernelHaswelE ticked in kernel and patches (are you using clover configurator?), you can try with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooTSCSync.kext (make sure it is patched for correct amount of cores)

i find this is a good guide to get started and then go from the for XCPM:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-workstation-triplet.199643/

Can you post your config file and 64 Folder ?
Yes. Here's the contents of EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi HFSPlus.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi Test2.efi

drivers64 only has FSInject-64.efi

And I've attached my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 178
How do you flush NVRAM entries..my Clover seems to be reading the NVRAM options and I don't know how to flush it.

How do you flush NVRAM entries..my Clover seems to be reading the NVRAM options and I don't know how to flush it.
In Terminal :
Code:
sudo nvram -c
There might also be a nvram.plist file on your system drive (possibly hidden), if so delete it.

Yes. Here's the contents of EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi HFSPlus.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi Test2.efi

drivers64 only has FSInject-64.efi

And I've attached my config.plist

Awesome! Did you run into any issues with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ?

Awesome! Did you run into any issues with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ?

Not that I know of - how can I tell? The fans are chugging along at a fine / not abnormal speed.

I installed Sierra on my X99 build (take a look in my sign) and at the moment everything work perfectly, XCPM too...I just followed Unibeast install method for Sierra...

Not all motherboards are created equal. It is near impossible to get the ASRock X99M 3.1 boot from the installer. It gets to +++++++++++then hangs..or if I can get it to go any further, it reboots with a KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back