Register

Please help me install Sierra onto my X99 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid
I recently became interested again in wanting to install hackintosh onto my PC. I tried for hours to install El Capitan previously, but with no success. This time I want to install Sierra, but if El Capitan is only supported than that will work just fine. If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

SPECS:
CPU: i7 5820K
MB: X99-A 3.1
GPU: EVGA 980 Ti
Ram: 32GB DDR4

I am very interested in this too.

Me 2 have a X99 Hack (based on GB Mobo).
I am in audio/music production bizz and i experience performance increase in that area on my macbook 2015, with Sierra,
against 10.11 and 10.11.
Would be awesome to experience that same audio performance increase on my X99 Hack, under Sierra.

Instead of waiting for the new Multibeast, I'm going ahead and folding in the advice from the X99 ElCapitan installs into this one.
  • use Unibeast 7.0.1 to make a Sierra boot USB. Go ahead and try to boot it if you want - it doesn't work, so:
  • mount the EFI partition (I use the Terminal
    "sudo mkdir EFI ; sudo mount -t MSDOS /dev/disk2s1 EFI" but some folks prefer GUI tools)
  • launch the latest Clover Configurator
  • -> Under Boot, select Verbose -v, arch=x86_64, npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1,
  • -> Under Kernel and Kext Patches, select KernelHaswellE And add FakeCPUID 0x0306C0
  • -> Under System Parameters, create a Mac Pro 6,1
  • -> Under Install Drivers, added EmuVariableUefi, and VBoxHFS under Drivers 64Bit
  • Follow the sections about .efi and .kexts in step 5 of the above guide
At this point, I have a Sierra USB that boots (with lots of errors) all the way to the OSX Installer.

After installation, the system booted, went through Apple's new user process, so I downloaded the NVidia web driver, installed Clover on the new boot drive, and copied over the .kexts and .efi's from the USB. Finally, I re-mounted EFI, and manually edited /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, adding

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

to the SystemParameters section.

Rebooting at this point gave me the famous "it's running, but with a black screen", so I edited /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and replaced Config1 and Config2 with "none" in the "ConfigMap" section. Then I had to

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

And at this point, my system cleanly boots with the Nvidia Web drivers working.

Last edited:
Do we need to patch the kernel as in other guides for x99?

you don't have to but it's advised to get full power management going.

I got my install going last night using Haswell FakeCPUID and NullCPU and VoodooTSC kexts and then after install removed them and used reboot fix by PikerAlpha

See my sig for components used, but i'm happy with the results so far, just need to overclock which i've never done before to lift my geekbench scrores

My build is:

ASRock X99M Fatality 3.1
Intel Core i7 6900K Broadwell-E
Graphics 980Ti (but I have an old 8800GTS which should work OTB, it did on the X58 build).
Samsung 950 NVMe M.2

My installer keeps gettting to +++++++++++++++++++ then reboots or hangs.

Will try again tomorrow. Any pointers will help.

My build is:

ASRock X99M Fatality 3.1
Graphics 980Ti (but I have an old 8800GTS which should work OTB, it did on the X58 build).
Samsung 950 NVMe M.2

I think you're missing the correct version of the HFS efi.

My build is:

ASRock X99M Fatality 3.1
Samsung 950 NVMe M.2

How are you booting with FakeCPUID and what ketxts etc??

I got my install going last night using Haswell FakeCPUID and NullCPU and VoodooTSC kexts and then after install removed them and used reboot fix by PikerAlpha

Could you provide a pointer to the thread about the reboot fix? My X99 / 5820K / 750Ti seems to be running Sierra great, but it sounds like I have room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back