Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 9500
I currently have 2 systems: High Sierra on one drive, and Lion on another. High Sierra works with the GT 710 but it won't work with the current drivers I have on Lion. The card I'm running on Lion is the GEforce 9500 GT.
I would like not to have to switch graphics cards when I switch back and forth between the two drives/operating systems.

My first question is: how can you tell which Nvidia driver you are currently using in Lion? I didn't want to start experimenting with different drivers without knowing what I'm currently using. At least the 9500 works. I would hate to go down the rabbit whole of losing that functionality while trying to get the other card to work and then having trouble getting back.

Second question is which driver do you think will work for the GT 710 on Lion?

Thanks for any help!!!

Lion was released in 2011, the GT 710 about two years ago. Why would Lion have support for that card when it didn't exist until 5 years later ? You would need to upgrade to at least Sierra for it to work.

Thanks for the response. Would you know of any card that would work in both Lion 10.7.3 and High Sierra with my MB?
I guess I thought that GEforce would have been the one providing a driver that might work in an older OS, but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back