1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
good day ,

Gigabyte mobo runing ivy bridge ,

I currently have a longtime install of Mavericks I think , or ml ...
on a 120gb ssd

Then I had windows 8 installed legacy style onto a separate ssd

My windows pooped on me.

And now with all the new bootloaders and windows 10 I’m looking for advice on how to dual boot this ... previously I noticed anytime I tried using a windows usb uefi I would end up with windows as my boot loader is there a way to install w10 legacy style , or should I try mimicking my last install style ( legacy w8)

Think I had to in bios , disable uefi , disable the OS X sata drives , set bios to ide and booted installed w8 off cd ...

Ugh

Maybe try clover ?

Will clover recognize my old non uefi install of OS X?

Thanks any help would be great like what bios settings etc...

Off the top of your head how large would a OS X backup image of my 120gb ssd be?

Reinstalling OS X is the last thing I want as this has been my most reliable hackintosh setup build yet ...

Moved to multi Booting.

Kind of resolved it my self , I installed 8 then upgraded to 10 . With my OS X drives unplugged , to 10 seemed to have uefi take over at some point , but forcing my bios to ignore all drives except the one with chameleon on it resolved the issues ... booting windows 10 and Mavericks this way worked for me ... I believe had anyone with issues of having windows uefi bootloader take over , they can just boot with their old OS X usb drive boot OS X , reinstall chameleon ..

Or stop
Being stubborn and jump on this clover bandwagon ?

Is clover more noob friendly these days ?

I guess my op question I fixed my self

But I am curious to here from those like me who have just had stable systems , whom made the switch to clover ... I feel like I will end up having to do a fresh install of OS X..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back