Motherboard
G73JH
CPU
Intel Core i7 720QM
Graphics
Radeon HD 5800 Series
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi guys, well first of all thanks a lot for all you effort and your time teaching how to install mac in a lot of platforms, i followed at @maromi guide ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-g73jh-using-clover-uefi.175735/ ) and not without effort i got 80% that all my asus working, that is cool because i am newbie in this kind of battles, and not understand well some terms that the people here know very well,

I patched DSDT and the Graphic card worked ok, but when i tried with
  • [audio] Audio Layout 12
the audio not worked, i patch the IRQ, changed the Layout for 3, install g73jh.kext, tried with applehda.kext, etc, but how i m not expert my resources tools are very limited, in ubuntu, that is easy for me i get the dump for the audio

Codec: Realtek ALC269
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0269
Subsystem Id: 0x10431373
Revision Id: 0x100004

I changed the layout for 3 and don't get success, i found this script

sh ./audio_codecdetect_v2.3.command
File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2
HDMI audio codec(s)
AMD: 0x1002aa01
Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0269
Name: Realtek ALC269
Audio ID: Not supported
Current Audio ID: 0 (valid: 1, 2, or 3)

but when i execute the fix recommended, i don't get any success.

as i told you i am not expert so is a little frustrated try to fix this kind of problem, so please if you can, help me...

Hi guys, well first of all thanks a lot for all you effort and your time teaching how to install mac in a lot of platforms, i followed at @maromi guide ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-g73jh-using-clover-uefi.175735/ ) and not without effort i got 80% that all my asus working, that is cool because i am newbie in this kind of battles, and not understand well some terms that the people here know very well,

I patched DSDT and the Graphic card worked ok, but when i tried with
  • [audio] Audio Layout 12
the audio not worked, i patch the IRQ, changed the Layout for 3, install g73jh.kext, tried with applehda.kext, etc, but how i m not expert my resources tools are very limited, in ubuntu, that is easy for me i get the dump for the audio

Codec: Realtek ALC269
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0269
Subsystem Id: 0x10431373
Revision Id: 0x100004

I changed the layout for 3 and don't get success, i found this script

sh ./audio_codecdetect_v2.3.command
File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2
HDMI audio codec(s)
AMD: 0x1002aa01
Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0269
Name: Realtek ALC269
Audio ID: Not supported
Current Audio ID: 0 (valid: 1, 2, or 3)

but when i execute the fix recommended, i don't get any success.

as i told you i am not expert so is a little frustrated try to fix this kind of problem, so please if you can, help me...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan Thanks for your fast response, please find attached the files...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • falsate_ioreg.zip
    483.8 KB · Views: 75
  • kextcache.txt
    992 bytes · Views: 150
  • kextstat-ls-pmset-system_profiler.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 169
  • patchmatic.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 62
  • debug_3392.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
@RehabMan Thanks for your fast response, please find attached the files...

As is clear in your ioreg, you are not injecting a layout-id.
It is due to the fact your DSDT is patched with _DSM methods (to inject layout-id/etc), but you're also using the _DSM->XDSM patch which renames those _DSM methods to XDSM, which then are ignored by the system.

Also, you should remove SSDT-0.aml from ACPI/patched.

@RehabMan ok thanks a lot , but i must be say that sounds like chinesse for me but :), if i understand well, the first _DSM Method was do it in the clover and the second one was do it by maciasl and patches, is it correct? what is the right way to fix it? sorry if i say some barbarity ...

the guide you are using is way out of date correct guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-rog-g73jh-using-clover-uefi.242770/#post-1695245

old guide reflects link to new

@RehabMan ok thanks a lot , but i must be say that sounds like chinesse for me but :), if i understand well, the first _DSM Method was do it in the clover and the second one was do it by maciasl and patches, is it correct? what is the right way to fix it? sorry if i say some barbarity ...

Last edited:
Ok, understood, I gonna check it, get differences, try again fixing and i give feedback asap, thanks a lot :)

You cannot use the _DSM->XDSM patch with patched _DSM methods in patched/DSDT.aml or SSDT in ACPI/patched.

Wow!!! work like a charm guys, thanks a lot @RehabMan and @maromi, with the last guide, i could patch and everything is right!!! only one change, AptioMemoryFIx not worked for me, the boot stop in this point, so i copied the EmuVariableUefi-64 again and boot without problems, i'm so happy!!!

I didn't use automerge because sorted order isn't needed and the only SSDT's needed are created by users.
The oem DSDT doesn't have any oem _DSM methods anyway.
I left the XDSM patch enabled because no one should be using a patched DSDT anyway.
this is from the bootlog verifying no oem _DSM method
Code:
3:602  0:000  === [ FixBiosDsdt ] ===
3:686  0:000   - [change _DSM to XDSM]: pattern 5F44534D, bin not found / already patched!
3:690  0:000  === [ PatchAllSSDT ] ===
3:690  0:000  4. [change _DSM to XDSM]: pattern 5F44534D, bin not found / already patched!

You cannot use the _DSM->XDSM patch with patched _DSM methods in patched/DSDT.aml or SSDT in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back