CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I was able to get through the first part of the installation after Unibeast by typing in -no-zp at the bootloader, but now I'm trying to complete the multibeast step, but my keyboard and mouse are no longer functional when booting up. They keyboard and mouse work during the bios and at the bootloader.. Just when Yosemite loads ..so I have no way to complete the installation. I tried using different usb ports but no luck. Does anybody know a way to fix this? Thanks!

My specs:

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

i3-4340 CPU 360 GHz

I got them to work by randomly unplugging the keyboard, and plugging back in and just kept doing into different ports until it started working.. even if it's the same that it was originally plugged into. It is so weird.. but it works that way.. I'm wondering if this has something to do with sleep and wake isn't working until it feels like it?? I don't even know..

Ok I realized that it has nothing to do with me unplugging them and plugging them back in.. for some reason when yosemite boots up, the usb ports take a few minutes to start working. I have no idea why there's a delay or it takes that long.. does anybody have a clue why that could be? Thanks

Have you tried the following settings in your BIOS

Enable USB Legacy Support for mouse/keyboard?
Increase HDD startup delay to allow for finding your ports?

Good luck!

Ok I realized that it has nothing to do with me unplugging them and plugging them back in.. for some reason when yosemite boots up, the usb ports take a few minutes to start working. I have no idea why there's a delay or it takes that long.. does anybody have a clue why that could be? Thanks

Go to System/Library/Extensions and remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
That fixed the issue for me.

I have USB legacy enabled, but how do I Increase HDD startup delay? My keyboard and mouse work fine when I turn on the computer.. it's when it boots into Yosemite that the ports take several minutes to start being functioning.

hi, i was able to get through the first part of the installation after unibeast by typing in -no-zp at the bootloader, but now i'm trying to complete the multibeast step, but my keyboard and mouse are no longer functional when booting up. They keyboard and mouse work during the bios and at the bootloader.. Just when yosemite loads ..so i have no way to complete the installation. I tried using different usb ports but no luck. Does anybody know a way to fix this? Thanks!

My specs:

Corsair vengeance 8gb (2 x 4gb) 240-pin ddr3 sdram ddr3 1600 (pc3 12800)

kingston ssdnow v300 series sv300s37a/120g 2.5" 120gb sata iii internal solid state drive (ssd)

1 x gigabyte ga-z87x-ud3h lga 1150 intel z87 hdmi sata 6gb/s usb 3.0 atx intel motherboard with uefi bios

i3-4340 cpu 360 ghz

don' t plug in the usb 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back