Contribute
Register

PLEASE HELP ¡¡¡¡¡is OMEN Desktop PC - 880-025se Hackintosh compatible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Alienware Aurora R7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all I wanna get a black friday deal from HP and I want to know if this desktop will be hackintosh compatible
I know the motherboard is NAPLES one , but I dont see this one in the compatible list

Thank you

Product specifications

Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-7700 (3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) [6,7]
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Memory
16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Memory slots
4 DIMM
Hard drive
2 TB 7200 rpm SATA
Secondary hard drive
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
Total External Bays
Two available
Total Internal Bays
One occupied; One available
Optical drive
DVD-Writer
Memory card device
HP 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
Network interface
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless technology
802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.0 MiniCard combo; WiDi
Power supply
500 W Bronze efficiency power supply

Hi all I wanna get a black friday deal from HP and I want to know if this desktop will be hackintosh compatible
I know the motherboard is NAPLES one , but I dont see this one in the compatible list

Thank you

Product specifications

Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-7700 (3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) [6,7]
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Memory
16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Memory slots
4 DIMM
Hard drive
2 TB 7200 rpm SATA
Secondary hard drive
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
Total External Bays
Two available
Total Internal Bays
One occupied; One available
Optical drive
DVD-Writer
Memory card device
HP 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
Network interface
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless technology
802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.0 MiniCard combo; WiDi
Power supply
500 W Bronze efficiency power supply

Most likely will run macOS Sierra and/or High Sierra as the mother board has an H270 chip set. Again the WiFi/BT module may not be compatible.

Good modding,
neil

Most likely will run macOS Sierra and/or High Sierra as the mother board has an H270 chip set. Again the WiFi/BT module may not be compatible.

Good modding,
neil

Hi Neilhart
Thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated

Good modding,
neil
Hi Vinzas,
did you have success with your HP Omen 880 Desktop? My Omen is similar to your machine. I have successfull install high sierra on ssd but i can´t boot into it with the install stick for post install with multibeast.

Around August, I was able to install macOS 10.11 in the HP Omen 870-244 which has essentially almost the same configuration as this one and it worked, except for the WiFi which is not compatible, but with a dongle or one of those compatible mini PCI e combo cards that are listed in a thread in this website you should be Ok. It should run Sierra and High Sierra.

Around August, I was able to install macOS 10.11 in the HP Omen 870-244 which has essentially almost the same configuration as this one and it worked, except for the WiFi which is not compatible, but with a dongle or one of those compatible mini PCI e combo cards that are listed in a thread in this website you should be Ok. It should run Sierra and High Sierra.

Hey jzrodriguez98, i just joined to ask you a question. I am about to undertake the exact same project. Could you let me know what you followed? or did you just wing it? This is my first hackintosh. Thanks!

Hey jzrodriguez98, i just joined to ask you a question. I am about to undertake the exact same project. Could you let me know what you followed? or did you just wing it? This is my first hackintosh. Thanks!
I took advise from different sources of information including this website, but the main one was provided by mald0n who posts threads in various sites, including one guide about installing Sierra/High Sierra on series 100 builds which was good enough for me. The Omen that I was setting up as a Hackintosh had a Z170 mobo with the same CPU (Kaby Lake 7th generation CPU) as the Omen in this thread. Built-in WiFi will be the only hardware that will not work, but you can use of those compatible WiFi or combo cards that are described in this website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back