CPU
2x E5-2640 v4
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so I had Mojave running, everything worked perfectly. I decided to upgrade to Catalina. I got it working for the most part, except graphics, but during the process of trying to fudge the graphics to work just for display purposes(I have no need for acceleration) I messed something up and decided that I'd just delete everything and start fresh from a Snow Leopard DVD. Got that working easily but for some reason I can get any OSs to download from the app store. They're all there but when I click the download button nothing happens. The console gives an an error "this isn't a bitmap context. Forcing destination format to ARGB_8 for CGContext.". I have a legit macbook pro, which is usually my backup, but it has Catalina on it and I can't download any old OSXs from the appstore purchases to make a Unibeast USB. I've tried everything for two weeks. I'm out of ideas.

Have you seen this post ? There is also a link there for a direct Yosemite download in post #2 that you can update to from SL.

Last edited:
Omg thank you so much. I've at least got Catalina back now. Not sure how I missed that, searched for hours. Really appreciate your help. I will absolutely be making a donation shortly. One more question if you wouldn't mind. I know Catalina doesn't support Nvidia at all but I've seen people on the forums here that say they have basic display support. I'm really just looking for resolution and for my two monitors to work. Acceleration doesn't really matter to me. If you could offer a solution or at least point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back