Graphics
GEFORCE GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, i would really love some help! For Christmas I got parts to build a Hackintosh :D so far i haven't been very lucky. I have tried 100s of boot codes and haven't gotten very far. I would greatly appreciate you helping me get my first Hackintosh going!

Set Up:
Thermaltake 430w psu
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Motherboard
Team- Vulcan Ram 8GB (2x4) ddr3 24000
Toshiba 500Gb hard drive
Intel Core i5-4670k LGA 1150
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer

Also my motherboard power light is orange and i believe its support to be red, however I'm able to access the chimera section and get to the Mavericks install but the apple logo freezes (the wheel). I added -v to see what the issue could be and i found this please help!!! Thank you very much!
image.jpg

What are your BIOS settings and your BIOS version? I have this board and basically made 4 changes to the BIOS beyond the basic ones needed for a USB installation:
- Enable Optimized BIOS settings (F7)
- XHCI Handoff Enabled
- EHCI Handoff Enabled
- IGFX Enabled (I use the HD4600)

Also, what connection do you have to your internal video (VGA/DVI/HDMI/DP)?

What are your BIOS settings and your BIOS version? I have this board and basically made 4 changes to the BIOS beyond the basic ones needed for a USB installation:
- Enable Optimized BIOS settings (F7)
- XHCI Handoff Enabled
- EHCI Handoff Enabled
- IGFX Enabled (I use the HD4600)

Also, what connection do you have to your internal video (VGA/DVI/HDMI/DP)?

My bios are all over the place from so many try's and I'm using VGA right now will be going to hdmi. I believe I have the latest, how could I tell?

Here are my components image.jpg

Then what do I do?

I too just setup this board and followed the TonyMac's thread under Golden Builds to get a fully working system... Needed to do a few other tweaks for Maps/Audio/Chimera dual boot to work - but all in all that guide got me up and running in no time.

Also to note - I needed to do a firmware update to F5 to get dual boot options in Chimera.. might want to update the firmware to start just to be sure. Also set up Optmized Settings and used DVI with external video card. anyway.. hope this helps! Hang in there.. its great once running!!

I too just setup this board and followed the TonyMac's thread under Golden Builds to get a fully working system... Needed to do a few other tweaks for Maps/Audio/Chimera dual boot to work - but all in all that guide got me up and running in no time.

Also to note - I needed to do a firmware update to F5 to get dual boot options in Chimera.. might want to update the firmware to start just to be sure. Also set up Optmized Settings and used DVI with external video card. anyway.. hope this helps! Hang in there.. its great once running!!

Thanks I don't have a external video card yet but I will, how should I update it, what are my options.

If you have a flat panel TV with HDMI, then use that as your monitor.

Good Luck

Adrian B
And this could be the reason for the pic I posted? Also if someone could please post the gold build link thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back