Contribute
Register

please help, first time build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to make it short and quick im trying to run windows on my m.2 500gb ssd and have mac running on my 750gb normal ssd. However i cant manage to get past getting iboot to work, ive read what i could find in the forums and nothing seems to help
i have:
asrock x99 extreme v4 mobo
intel xeon e5-2603 v4 1.7ghz 6 core processor (looking to upgrade soon)
32 Gb ddr4 1866 ram memory
and an asus cd/dvd disk read/writer
geforce gtx 960 evga graphics card

i want to use the mac osx for audio production stuff

Ive tried iboot, iboot legacy, and iboot broadwell. The only message i am getting is that there isnt anything to boot from, no valid boot option.
my bios looks different than any of the tutorials on setting bios options that i have seen so im not 100% sure i have the bios options set right.
all my cables are sata

please help me, i feel like i am asking what everyone else is but i dont know what im doing differently

You might be able to install 10.6.3 using iBoot Haswell with -x -v nv_disable=1 boot-args (verbose boot, safe mode and disable the GPU down to VESA drivers since SL has no drivers for the GPU). Maybe. No guarantees. Make sure you disable any parallel or serial ports in the UEFI/BIOS.

parallel or serial ports what do you mean by that?
Just what I said. Your board may have connections - either on the board or on the back plane- for a serial or parallel printer port connection. These ports can be disabled in UEFI/BIOS and should be for Mac OS as the port assignments interfere with the Mac assigments.

Please follow the forum rules and enter your hardware in your profile and/or create a sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back