Contribute
Register

Please Help!! Can install 10.6.3 but update to 10.6.8 failing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
CPU
Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTS450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm really hoping someone may be able to help here...

I have managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 fine, getting it to boot from the SSD with multibeast hasn't worked so far.
(Install with iBoot Legacy, always using PCIRootUID=1 to get through to install as it freezes with out it)

The problem comes when I upgrade to 10.6.8... When I go to "about this mac" it registers that it's 10.6.8 before restarting but after restarting (weather running multibeast or not) it just freezes at the grey apple logo.

I have tried PCIRootUID=1, -x etc and This still hasn't worked (I always have to type in PCIRootUID=1to get it to boot)

I then tried the Mountain Lion uni beast 1.5 method and was unable to get past the grey apple logo also, getting very frustrated!!!
(I used my girlfriends mac pro to buy and download it through my account on the app store then created the USB with Unibeast)

I have only got 1 x 4GB DDR Ram installed at present, I have 3 more to put in post install.

IvyBridge i7 3770
GA-Z68XP-UD4
Intel 120GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTS450

I am starting to pull my hair out and really need some help please!

I'm having the same problems, too, although I'm using a Core i3 2100 with a Gigabyte H61-DS2V. Same video card. Also using an SSD. I'm interested in knowing if you ever find a solution.

I'm really hoping someone may be able to help here...

I have managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 fine, getting it to boot from the SSD with multibeast hasn't worked so far.
(Install with iBoot Legacy, always using PCIRootUID=1 to get through to install as it freezes with out it)

The problem comes when I upgrade to 10.6.8... When I go to "about this mac" it registers that it's 10.6.8 before restarting but after restarting (weather running multibeast or not) it just freezes at the grey apple logo.

I have tried PCIRootUID=1, -x etc and This still hasn't worked (I always have to type in PCIRootUID=1to get it to boot)

I then tried the Mountain Lion uni beast 1.5 method and was unable to get past the grey apple logo also, getting very frustrated!!!
(I used my girlfriends mac pro to buy and download it through my account on the app store then created the USB with Unibeast)

I have only got 1 x 4GB DDR Ram installed at present, I have 3 more to put in post install.

IvyBridge i7 3770
GA-Z68XP-UD4
Intel 120GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTS450

I am starting to pull my hair out and really need some help please!

littlerhino
your build -
IvyBridge i7 3770- ivy bridge - questionable for use w osx10,6- may need sandy bridge cpu
GA-Z68XP-UD4- u have dsdt file and match bios w dsdt version
Intel 120GB SSD - no trim support till 10.6.7
NVIDIA GeForce GTS450 supported gfx

you will need to use PCIRootUID=1 to get it to boot

you should follow this procedure - modifyied from orginal but you do need to follow -
iBoot and Multibeast - TonyMacx86 guide
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

this is the modifyied procedure by jester969 - note for sandy bridge - questionable w ivy bridge - need update helper

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

------------------------------------------------------------

read and understand these - note you have ivy bridge cpu.
Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide - for 10.6.x
http://www.tonymacx86.com/43-simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.html
or
http://www.tonymacx86.com/section/3-guides.html

also after step 6 use the -v -f settings to get a clean boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back