Contribute
Register

Please Guide me. confused in selecting parts .!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my config ....

1. processor - i7 6700k 6th gen
  2. MotherBoard - msi z170 gaming m5
  3. Ram - DDR4 G.Skill 32 gb 2666 mhz or 3000 mhz
  4. Storage - 1 TB = 3500
  5. SSD - samsung 850 evo 250 GB
  6. cabinet - cooler master Mid tower / or any nice mid tower @ master c box
  7. cooler - Corsair hydro series or H110i
  8. Graphic card - Asus GTX 1070 8 GB STRIX or MSI 1070 gtx 8 gb gaming x
  9. P.S.U - Corsair RM 1000
I am confused in Motherboard .!
and graphic web drivers for gtx 1070 are not yet out !

I have other MOBO in mind
1)GA-Z170XP-SLI
2)GA-Z170XP-UD5

First, review the motherboards in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide. Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards are more hackintosh friendly than others, IMO. Compare the features to see what fits your needs - you didn't state them, so we can't make any recommendations.

Second, once you've picked a motherboard, make sure you choose memory that listed on that motherboard's memory support list (or whatever it's called) which is located in that motherboard's Downloads page.

Third, make sure the PSU is rated for newer 6th generation processors. Don't pick a cheap one - make it Gold rated. BTW, why did you choose a 1000 watt PSU?! Surely a 750 Watt will do, if not a 650 watt PSU. Use a PSU calculator to confirm your PSU power requirement. Newegg has a good one. Newegg.com - Power Supply Calculator.

First, review the motherboards in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide. Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards are more hackintosh friendly than others, IMO. Compare the features to see what fits your needs - you didn't state them, so we can't make any recommendations.

Second, once you've picked a motherboard, make sure you choose memory that listed on that motherboard's memory support list (or whatever it's called) which is located in that motherboard's Downloads page.

Third, make sure the PSU is rated for newer 6th generation processors. Don't pick a cheap one - make it Gold rated. BTW, why did you choose a 1000 watt PSU?! Surely a 750 Watt will do, if not a 650 watt PSU. Use a PSU calculator to confirm your PSU power requirement. Newegg has a good one. Newegg.com - Power Supply Calculator.

First of all Thank you for your support .
I want it as a editing setup . plus with second ssd i can boot in windows & casual gaming
so i was wondering will nvida ever release Web drivers for pascal G.P.U 1070/1080 ?

Well, a bunch of us was hoping for it last week. However, upon reviewing when they released drivers for the GTX 900 series (Maxwell) graphics cards, it was a month after Yosemite's release, and it was only compatible with Yosemite, not any older OS X. So, I'm hanging in there. I can tell you there will lots of buzz when they are released.

Well, a bunch of us was hoping for it last week. However, upon reviewing when they released drivers for the GTX 900 series (Maxwell) graphics cards, it was a month after Yosemite's release, and it was only compatible with Yosemite, not any older OS X. So, I'm hanging in there. I can tell you there will lots of buzz when they are released.

so should i buy 1070 pascal ? i mean i have done lot of digging on net even posted tweet on nvida , talked to nvida support but they said they dont have any ETA on drivers . ! and some forums say it will never come out .!

Those that said that the drivers will never come out have no more information than we do. I, too, am awaiting the drivers as I want to get a GTX 1060. However, as far as I'm concerned, we're within a reasonable period of waiting time based on the previous Maxwell release. So, if you have to have a graphics card immediately, you can get the GTX 980/980 Ti/Titian X (Maxwell) versions at some very good prices on eBay. But, I can wait since I don't have the GTX 1060, yet. (It will only get less expensive as time goes on, anyway.)

When released, will know within a few hours, and tonymacx86 will update his sticky post in the Graphics forum section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back