CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am new to hackintosh. Now I am trying to install macOS Mojave on my pc but there were some errors occurred as typed on the title. And the screenshot with verbose enabled and EFI folder was uploaded. Could anyone help me to settle it?

Attachments

• QQ图片20181227112847.png
    QQ图片20181227112847.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,101
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 228
Could anyone help me to settle it?
Any information useful for problem diagnosis has scrolled off the top of the screen.
You may need to make a video and then extract the frame(s) showing the kernel panic and post them here.

Hey guys, I am new to hackintosh. Now I am trying to install macOS Mojave on my pc but there were some errors occurred as typed on the title. And the screenshot with verbose enabled and EFI folder was uploaded. Could anyone help me to settle it?
Please see the section Installation Overview, specifically item #8 here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Is this where your kernel panic is occurring? If so, the Mojave installer performs a sudden reboot after stage 1, and the reboot causes the crash. So this is not really anything to worry about. In Post-Installation we fix reboot and shutdown problems, so this kernel panic goes away.

Most of the build guide linked above will apply to your Gigabyte Z370 motherboard. Just be careful with "slide=0" (try with and without this) and do not copy the following 3 custom SSDTs to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-DTPG.aml
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V3.aml
You should be okay to copy this one to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580.aml
You can rename it to anything suitable such as SSDT-Z370-GIGABYTE-RX580.aml.

Any information useful for problem diagnosis has scrolled off the top of the screen.
You may need to make a video and then extract the frame(s) showing the kernel panic and post them here.

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried a lot of times. The latest attempt I strictly fellow Tony's Installation Guide, it crashed at "Install macOS Mojave". The system reboot unexpectedly with another error "Attempting system restart" at stage 2.

My bios settings were following with https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lent-ga-z370n-i5-8400-16gb-500gb-nvme.247619/.

The EFI file was created by unibeast I have not changed.

It seems the video with extension ".mp4" cannot be uploaded, so you can check with this url: http://res.niuxuewei.com/手机QQ视频_20181227211157.mp4.

Please see the section Installation Overview, specifically item #8 here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Is this where your kernel panic is occurring? If so, the Mojave installer performs a sudden reboot after stage 1, and the reboot causes the crash. So this is not really anything to worry about. In Post-Installation we fix reboot and shutdown problems, so this kernel panic goes away.

Most of the build guide linked above will apply to your Gigabyte Z370 motherboard. Just be careful with "slide=0" (try with and without this) and do not copy the following 3 custom SSDTs to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-DTPG.aml
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V3.aml
You should be okay to copy this one to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580.aml
You can rename it to anything suitable such as SSDT-Z370-GIGABYTE-RX580.aml.

Thank for you reply too. I tried to reinstall it, and that error disappeared. My system crash occurred after "remain xx minutes" and showed "Attempting system restart". Does this problem cause by rx580 graphic card?

Thank for you reply too. I tried to reinstall it, and that error disappeared. My system crash occurred after "remain xx minutes" and showed "Attempting system restart". Does this problem cause by rx580 graphic card?
Do you have "Change SAT0 to SATA" patch applied in the ACPI section of your config.plist? This is described in the section config.plist modification in the build guide.

EDIT:
  • Please backup your current config.plist and replace it with the attached version.
  • In your CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, delete the following:
    • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
    • SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
    • SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

The 4 Areas to look in detail to find and fix this problem:
  1. EFI Folder contents from the macOS Mojave USB Installer Disk in its entirety, if needed, by uploading to the Forum as a Zipped file for some new pairs of eyes to spot missed contents.
  2. BIOS Options used for the Installation [not the stock answer I followed the GUIDE]
  3. Whether or not the System Disk was Partitioned in GUID and APFS (not GUID+HFS+J)
  4. If the System really "crashed" (Powerd Off) or was the HDD LED and the USB LED were still showing activity by intermittent flashing of light while the Screen showed "xx minutes remaining"
    • Did it actually restart to reach the CBM screen once again?
    • If so how many icons were seen at CBM screen
  • For a similar problem and its resolution please check: #1

The 4 Areas to look in detail to find and fix this problem:
  1. EFI Folder contents from the macOS Mojave USB Installer Disk in its entirety, if needed, by uploading to the Forum as a Zipped file for some new pairs of eyes to spot missed contents.
  2. BIOS Options used for the Installation [not the stock answer I followed the GUIDE]
  3. Whether or not the System Disk was Partitioned in GUID and APFS (not GUID+HFS+J)
  4. If the System really "crashed" (Powerd Off) or was the HDD LED and the USB LED were still showing activity by intermittent flashing of light while the Screen showed "xx minutes remaining"
    • Did it actually restart to reach the CBM screen once again?
    • If so how many icons were seen at CBM screen
  • For a similar problem and its resolution please check: #1

Thanks for your reply.
  1. I have uploaded EFI folder at attached file.
  2. BIOS Options
    1. Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
    2. M.I.T. → Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) : Profile1
    3. BIOS → Fast Boot : Disabled
    4. BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled
    5. BIOS → Storage Boot Option Control : UEFI
    6. Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disable
    7. Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
    8. Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto
    9. Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
    10. Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled
    11. Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
    12. Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled
  3. iGPU Settings
    1. Peripherals → Initial Display Output : IGFX
    2. Chipset → Integrated Graphics : Enabled
    3. Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated :128M
  4. According to the tonymacx86's tutorial, the system disk was partitioned in GUID and Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
  5. The installation done. The errors occurred at system boot. I have reached CBM again and took a picture uploaded at attached.
  6. I have recorded the outputs with verbose for further diagnosing.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 157
  • Xnip2018-12-28_10-32-15.png
    Xnip2018-12-28_10-32-15.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 244
  • verbose video.zip
    37.6 MB · Views: 175
Do you have "Change SAT0 to SATA" patch applied in the ACPI section of your config.plist? This is described in the section config.plist modification in the build guide.

EDIT:
  • Please backup your current config.plist and replace it with the attached version.
  • In your CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, delete the following:
    • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
    • SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
    • SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried but it seems not work. The verbose said "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic" again rather than "Attempting system restart". My EFI folder have not any files you mentioned, you can check it at #8.

The EFI.zip you uploaded seems to be from USB disk instead of Mojave internal disk. Is this correct? If so, can you upload EFI folder from Mojave internal disk? If you can boot to Windows you should be able to mount EFI partition on Mojave because it is FAT32.

Have you tried temporarily disconnecting the Windows disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back