Contribute
Register

Playstation One Case Mod [Work Log in Progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I have been dormant here to much lol
Little update on the case, with that Intel cooler it all doesn't fit into the case. So I might go back to my Cube in which the H67N is sitting in and go from there. I also looked at the PS2 case for a mod as well.

Currently I am working with an Arduino and want to incorporate that into the build to take on some other cool functions that your standard motherboard doesn't have.

OK so I have been dormant here to much lol
Little update on the case, with that Intel cooler it all doesn't fit into the case. So I might go back to my Cube in which the H67N is sitting in and go from there. I also looked at the PS2 case for a mod as well.

Currently I am working with an Arduino and want to incorporate that into the build to take on some other cool functions that your standard motherboard doesn't have.

will osx work on that board?
o_O

will osx work on that board?
o_O

The Idea of the board is to run miscellaneous items, like a touch sensor, I.R. and the like.
I am just messing about with it as of right now, there is OS X support so it is easy to set up.

I can set it up to turn on the system with just a proximity of a person or what have you.

You should try for a PS2 fat mod. Those things have a lot of space inside and can be had pretty cheap off craigslist <$20. Plus they have a slide out disk tray you may be able to get to work.

You should try for a PS2 fat mod. Those things have a lot of space inside and can be had pretty cheap off craigslist <$20. Plus they have a slide out disk tray you may be able to get to work.
Yeah that is my next choice, I would really love to get it in the PSOne but I cannot find a cooler low enough. I can mod that intel cooler I suppose but I didnt really want to mess about with that, I have limited tools to do this lol

Yeah that is my next choice, I would really love to get it in the PSOne but I cannot find a cooler low enough. I can mod that intel cooler I suppose but I didnt really want to mess about with that, I have limited tools to do this lol
Yeah, you'd have to really cut that thing down to get it to fit. Personally, I think the PS2 fats would look slicker then the PS1. Plus, I think the expansion bay would be the perfect size to mount that cooler.

So I got Mountain Lion going on this thin board. All seems to be running well with it, I can put it to sleep and wake it with no issues. I did not leave it alone and let it sleep by its self yet though, was to busy messing with it.

Here is is with the slim cooler on it, nice a quiet

View attachment 54379

Here is OS X installed

View attachment 54380

I went with Macbook Pro settings for the HD4000 and see how it all rolls

View attachment 54381

And here you see my Unibeast install drive plugged into the boards USB_1 header pin with an adapter.

View attachment 54382

Install was a PITA as I have really only messed with X58 boards so I forgot about the UEFI bios and if you don't check off that one needed item in Multibeast then your not going to boot into your drive and will end up with the appleintelcpupowermanagement kernal panic.

So install Multibeast was easy, did non DSDT with 887 audio, Realtek ethernet and the appleintelcpupowermanagement option for booting do it won't KP.

Now to figure out the fittings into the case lol.
Hi, did you do anything other than 887 for audio? , I have the h77tn board and install went well except for audio, everything is recognized in system report and shows up in preferences but still no sound coming from speakers

Yeah that is all I ran, audio was fine, I can check again to see but 887 is the codax on it and was working.
I will be doing some more testing in about a week, I got a new case for it and then I will be plugging away at it.

I ran into an issue with the mobo and cooler fitting into the case, I might swap out for another type of cooler and see.
I also have a PS2 case that might take the cake but the novelty of the PSOne looks and seems much cooler.

This weekend perhaps I will mess about with it and see about my cooling options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back