Contribute
Register

Planning to buy some parts! | I could need some help/advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I'm going to build my first Hackintosh. It's going to be running Mountain Lion.

I've been thinking of buying the parts that are listed here:

Intel i7 3770K 1155-Socket CPU

XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan GPU

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 Gb @ 1600 MHz CL9 RAM

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH *Socket-1155 MBO

Corsair H70 Core Watercooling (With Silent Fans)

Plextor DVD±RW Writer PX-891SA

Fractal Design Define XL Titanium Grey

Intel 520 Series SSD 120 GB (Boot-Drive)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Storage)

TP-Link*TL-WDN4800 Wi-Fi Card

Corsair AX750 750W PSU

Will this work? And I couldnt seem to find the DSDT for the Motherboard even though it's in the recommended build.

And anybody got any idea for the MultiBeast options? (I havent really understanded it yet)

Well thanks in advamce for all help!

I would recommend a different motherboard. The GA-Z77x-UP4 TH has been a nightmare for me this past week. 4 out of the 6 USB ports will never be supported in OS X since they are run through a VIA chipset, so you are only left with 2 USB ports. However, they are internally marked as "Kyeboard/Mouse" ports, and they are a hit-or-miss in Windows; for example, external hard drives and iPhones will not be recognized through those ports, but USB 2.0 hubs and USB 2.0 thumb drives are recognized. I've read from other users that those two USB ports cannot read USB 2.0 devices in Mountain Lion. So effectively, you're left with 2 USB ports that only work with USB 3.0 devices in Mountain Lion.

Running the the older Multibeast broke the Mountain Lion installation. However, a new Multibeast and Unibeast have been made available in the past few days, so I will redo my installation this weekend.

Purchase the other series (DS3H) or the step up (UP5 TH) to avoid this hassle.

OK the system is built looks awesome!
Il innstal MAC OSX in a few weeks. Il just purchase a USB Hub I know it works in ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back