Contribute
Register

Planning out first build, here's how it looks. Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Ti 2G OC
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, I'm really new to this but I've been researching it for some time. I've decided to finally go ahead with a build, and have my parts planned, just wanted to show some people and get some advice, make sure everything is compatible etc.
ive read the buying guide, and the only thing that isn't from there is the case, just curious to know if the motherboard and power supply and what not will fit?
If there's anything I've forgotten lemme know.
cheers.

Also, I don't plan to over clock just yet, so I don't think I'll get a cooling system just yet. Any advice on over clocking and what not would be greatly appreciated. (Sorry if I sound so clueless, once again I'm new to this and want to learn all I can about PC building)

image.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm really new to this but I've been researching it for some time. I've decided to finally go ahead with a build, and have my parts planned, just wanted to show some people and get some advice, make sure everything is compatible etc.
ive read the buying guide, and the only thing that isn't from there is the case, just curious to know if the motherboard and power supply and what not will fit?
If there's anything I've forgotten lemme know.
cheers.
You might want to get a 120GB SSD for a boot drive. That's the biggest speed upgrade you can get from your system. Check out the ones in the Guide. Keep the HDD for storage.
The case is a great choice and you'll have no problems with it. Fit and finish is top notch. Don't worry about overclocking till you've got it built with OS X installed and everything running smoothly. Find some good build videos on youtube and Newegg and start studying the build process. One other tip, with the Corsair Ram you've chosen, install with just one DIMM, add the rest after the install. We
are now recommending Crucial for Haswell builds but you can still use Corsair if you'd like.

Thanks for that! Definitely looking into an SSD.

Just a few questions, how much of an improvement in speed would I get if I do a 0 RAID array?

Also im worried about my CPU or something blowing up when I first boot it, is there anything I should be warned about?

One last thing, with the power supply, how much room have I got to upgrade with the supplied power?

Thanks for that! Definitely looking into an SSD.

Just a few questions, how much of an improvement in speed would I get if I do a 0 RAID array?

Also im worried about my CPU or something blowing up when I first boot it, is there anything I should be warned about?

One last thing, with the power supply, how much room have I got to upgrade with the supplied power?

Question 1: I loled at this,you need not worry about your cup blowing up, and as long as no heavy over clock is in order then the stock cooler will work just fine

Question 2: Not that much, 650 won't get you very far if you plan on over clocking you gpu or sli-ing

Thanks for that,

I changed my graphics card to a GTX 760, will the power supply be all good for that? As well as an added SSD

Thanks for that,

I changed my graphics card to a GTX 760, will the power supply be all good for that? As well as an added SSD
Should be,but if you plan on upgrading it will require more power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back