Contribute
Register

@PJALM: Network Delay Is Not Specified! Defaulting To 0x384 Spams with DSDT fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-3770K OC@ 4.2GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@PJALM, maybe you can help. so far your work for DSDT Patching is really nice. but i get some console spamming with

07.12.13 13:32:09,000 kernel[0]: Network delay is not specified! Defaulting to 0x384

i use clover without on-the-fly DSDT Patching, because i injected your fixes for my Z77X-UD5H board and discrete Graphic Fixes.
i also run Mavericks with FakeSMC.kext, ALXEthernet.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext in Clover/kexts/10.9

do you know how to fix this spamming? Interestingly, i don't get this stuff, when i boot from my clover rescue stick without DSDT patched with your fixes.

i tried to delete # Fix the Atheros AR8151 Gigabit Ethernet & # Fixes 'Built-in' status for Intel Gigabit Ethernet but the spamming still exists and i had no built in ethernet cards anymore. so this didn't help.

big thanks in advance

(my other thread with this discussion at projectosx: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3164&st=0&gopid=38017&#entry38017)

I'm going to answer to that because I have not seen anywhere a fix for this.

(as usually us at your own risk)

- some people have managed to get rid of this message using -f argument at boot which is strange as since Lion things has change and -f should not work anyway...

Other FIX:

You will need "ShowHiddenFiles" (a program that show Mac hidden file) and .plist editor (easier to use)

Launch "ShowHiddenFiles" and show your hidden file
then Go to

\System\Library\Extensions\IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns\X86PlatformPlugin.kext\Contents\Resources\.plist

You will get different MAC ID, find the one that match your SMBIOS
Make a backup of this file just in case you want it back and if there is a problem
open the .plist (the one with your ID)

then add NetworkTimerDelay to Number 850 here see change
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=76007&stc=1&d=1386480789

Save it (if you cannot save it take it from the folder and edit it from the Desktop then put it back)

Now you need to repair Permission and re-build cache (this one is important or you will have problem)

Cheers

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2013-12-08 à 06.28.26.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2013-12-08 à 06.28.26.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,080
i tried -f with clover but no results.

i edited my
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4.plist (for iMac13,2) and added NetworkTimerDelay to 850 (i also saw 900 as a valid value)
then i repaired Permission and re-build cache (maybe i skipped this the last time) and voila. no more network delay spams. but its only a fix till an possible update in the future or something. but hey, who cares right now ;)

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back