Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys very unusal finding this afternoon.

I have been running my OSX 10.6.3 without a glitch for like a month. Its been running perfectly. I have a modified DSDT and only a few kexts in the extra's folder - which I cant name right now because the dam thing is switched off with a problem.

Leopard starts as per usual but after the screen goes to sleep and I wake it with the mouse the entire screen goes to a fuzzy mess i.e. pixelates itself and the only way to resolve the issue is to force reboot from the case. The only changes made to the software lately was today when I installed Adobe CS5. Directly after install things seemed to be fine, it wasnt until I stated playing with Photoshop, which was open at time of screen sleep, that the issue arose. I rebooted and with just the finder operating I let the screen sleep again and then prompted the mouse to wake the screen and the problem still exists.

Is it possible the CS5 installation has scrambled my extra folder or graphics card settings :? ? I have no idea what is the cause and before I go ripping things apart it would be nice to nice if anyone has had a similar issue they have resolved. Tomorrow morning I may uninstall CS5, but I cant really see that changing much if it had been working fine in the first instance.

Would really appreciate some help on this one :confused:

Cheers

It's certainly possible- could be some kind of issue with GL. My suggestion is to download and run ONYX's Automation. It will get rid of any temp files, and caches, as well as run some maintenance scripts. Then reboot and test.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582/onyx

:thumbup:

let us know how it goes, good luck! i'm going to be running cs5 with the same graphics chipset and so this worries me :)

tonymacx86 said:
It's certainly possible- could be some kind of issue with GL. My suggestion is to download and run ONYX's Automation. It will get rid of any temp files, and caches, as well as run some maintenance scripts. Then reboot and test.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582/onyx

:thumbup:

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice Tony.

I download Onyx and ran Maintenance. It completed and compiled this information seen in "Onyx Screenshot 1"

The two warnings relating to some SUID files that could not be repaired are strange but Im not techie enough to not if they mean anything or not?

Just ran Cleaning utility and rebooting now.

UPDATE:

After reboot I let the screen go to sleep and re-woke with mouse. Desktop loaded without a glitch.

Next test I opened CS5 Photoshop. Whilst CS5 was open I let screen sleep. Upon waking screen it loaded without a glitch.

Final test I closed CS5 Photoshop. When CS5 shutdown I let screen sleep again. Upon wake it loaded without a glitch.

I have no idea what may have been the problem. Its quite likely Onyx repair and maintenance tasks, which Tony suggested, may have resolved the issue. I will keep an eye out on this in the future.

Just for whats it worth I dragged the 10.3.1 vanilla kernel into my SL disk and rebooted without a problem. System profile shows 10.3.1 kernel. However is it possible to remove Chameleon completely now so SL boots straight from bios? Is this even possible, or do I need to do a complete fresh install using iBoot Supported?
:thumbup: :cool:

Attachments

• Onyx Screenshot 1.png
    Onyx Screenshot 1.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 181
woo! glad onyx fixed you up! you'd be surprised at what a simple cache clean and permissions repair can fix :)

i'm not sure there is a way to boot directly off the bios. closest would be to move your boot information onto the EFI partition on the hard drive (have you already done this?)

I've had this problem a couple of times when waking from sleep. Think it has happened 2 or 3 times. For me It happned after sleeping lots of time perhaps 20-25 times. The only soultion is a hard reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back