CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had my computer up and running for a couple of months now. I primarily use it for audio and it works like a dream, however sometimes I do play games on it. I've been getting pixelated graphics, regardless of what graphics setting it's on. I don't have a top tier graphics card by any means, but it's better than my laptop (Intel HD 4000 1GB), and that doesn't have this issue. It's not fully consistent, but it happens often enough to be annoying. It usually doesn't affect gameplay, although Fortnite is borderline unplayable and I think it's a related issue.

Attached are a couple of examples and my config.plist. I know I'm not running internal graphics because I used to get glitches at the login in screen, and once I installed the nvidia web drivers, I didn't, and "About My Mac" says I'm on the 1050. First picture is low quality settings, second is high. Both suffer from the same pixelation problem. Fortnite pictures not included but it suffers a similar problem. It's not easy to see in the rocket league pictures, but trust me when I say that it's there. I've seen the way it's supposed to be and the corners of the car has pixels even at max graphics. Maybe I'm paranoid and it's just a Hearthstone problem (even though I don't have the issue on my laptop, which is admittedly not running Sierra), but I think something else is up.

Internal graphics are disabled in the BIOS.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 8.50.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 8.56.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.01.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.00.46 PM.png

Attachments

• Config Copy.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
See if this makes any difference :

Attachments

• Config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 240
This is super late, but...it didn't. :(

Both games work fine on my Windows side, which is interesting, so I've just been doing that but it's...not ideal. Thanks for the help and any more is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back