Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Hi,
anyone else notice the following pink (in reality it is really pink, on the photo it looks more purple)
screen when you switch a user or shut down the system ?

At the moment I am using (until I know how to properly hack the ssdt) :

• Lilu.kext (1.1.7)
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (1.1.7)

• FtFWDUx.jpg

yeah once in a while

Thank you , I am not the only one yeah ! Did you do anything to fix it or does it just disappear ? please?

[stroke]
Today I removed my GTX780ti and uninstalled the Webdrivers,
Result: No more Pink Screens

Looks like it leads to errors when using the iGPU while having a Nvidia mounted and the Webdriver installed.
Later I will Try it this is also true if I just physically mount it and just do not install the Webdriver.
[/stroke]
Sidenote:
You might wonder why I use the iGPU and not the Nvidia, I use it because I have some things which do work better with the iGPU but I would love to use the Nvidia under Windows on the same hardware

Last edited:
Still sometimes Pink even without Nvidia GPU

I'm currently using just a standard mac, not a hackintosh, and am experiencing the same issue, it happens more frequently when I switch user and shutdown, as I have two users on this machine, one for me and one for a family member, the family members account is the one the mac boots straight into so I usually straight away switch to my own, use the mac as usual and on shutdown I get the same pink screen you have shown, so I reckon its a high sierra issue, and not anything you are doing wrong with your hackintosh setup, I could be wrong as there is a possbility its just the intergrated graphics on this machine playing up, but from what I can find, its usually only when I shutdown after I have switched users.

I'm currently using just a standard mac, not a hackintosh, and am experiencing the same issue, it happens more frequently when I switch user and shutdown, as I have two users on this machine, one for me and one for a family member, the family members account is the one the mac boots straight into so I usually straight away switch to my own, use the mac as usual and on shutdown I get the same pink screen you have shown, so I reckon its a high sierra issue, and not anything you are doing wrong with your hackintosh setup, I could be wrong as there is a possbility its just the intergrated graphics on this machine playing up, but from what I can find, its usually only when I shutdown after I have switched users.
Do you have a Nvidia Graphics Card in your Mac ?

Do you have a Nvidia Graphics Card in your Mac ?

I don't no, so I am not 100% sure if they are related, but mine is showing that same screen on shut down, so I'm not sure whether its a High Sierra issue or not

I don't no, so I am not 100% sure if they are related, but mine is showing that same screen on shut down, so I'm not sure whether its a High Sierra issue or not
What does About my Mac say ?
eg here mine :

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 17.10.07.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back