Graphics
gtx 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Guys i had a problem that when i boot hackintosh it gives a sudden pink flash and i didn't know what was that so i have posted the forum for it one guy told me it is normal and nothing to do with that...there is no fix for it.
That time i was using
i7 9700k processor
Rx580 pulse 8gb
So i thought it's with the gpu firmware or somewhat....

Yesterday i installed on another pc using
i7 8700k
Rx 580 pulse 8gb
The only difference with this computer is the change in processor rest of all are same everything....
That pc is not giving me that pink flash why....it booting pucca no problem.
So i thought that is with the processor.

Anyone knows why is that!

Does that pink flash varies with processor or anyother hardware..

I believe the Pink screen flash doing macOS boot process is related to the Intel iGPU.

While both CPU's use the UHD 630 IGPU they do not have the same Device ID's and your setup may be correct for the i7-8700K (0x3e92) and not for the i7-9700k (0x3E98).

I believe the Pink screen flash doing macOS boot process is related to the Intel iGPU.

While both CPU's use the UHD 630 IGPU they do not have the same Device ID's and your setup may be correct for the i7-8700K (0x3e92) and not for the i7-9700k (0x3E98).
So should i turn off igpu in bios

No, I would not recommend disabling the IGPU in the bios.

As others have stated elsewhere the Pink flash is not usually detrimental to a system running macOS, it is just a temporary glitch during the boot process, related to how your IGPU is configured.

I would recommend you have a look at Acidanthera's Intel iGPU FAQ and see what settings you are using for the i7-9700K and see if they can be improved. https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Ideally you will have your IGPU enabled in the bios but running 'Headless' in macOS, to match how a real Mac works when a discrete GPU is present. For this I would recommend you have a read of this Framebuffer patching guide by CaseySJ - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

what do u mean by same device id....
does it mean my grahic card id and processor id should be same.

The IGPU on each CPU has a device ID. These are not the same ID's on the two CPU's mentioned.

No it doesn't mean the Intel GPU id and processor id should be the same.

Have you investigated/read the FAQ for Intel HD graphics? If not I would recommend you do so, here is a link to the document - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

You need to read the first few sections, which cover a number of key elements. Plus the section related to Coffee Lake IGPU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back