Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting ready to build on a GA-Z68AP-D3 mobo. Going to the DSDT database there are 3 files listed for it (F1,F3,F4). What would these correspond to and how do I decide which to pick?

I'm also building my first ever hackintosh and wondering this same thing. The above response didn't really answer the question so I'm hoping someone else could clarify on how to identify which type of DSDT one should use.

I don't know if this information is of any importance but I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 motherboard, and an i5-2500K. Looking for which Fx I should be using, or how to determine which value of x should be used.

I would like to start the install in about two hours so any input before then would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I haven't powered the system up yet but I imagine that going into the BIOS will clarify which version is needed. On the other hand do I read the instructions correctly when they say that the software will assist in choosing the correct version?

DD

What it means is that you need to be running the same bios version on your system that corresponds to the DSDT file you download.

So if you get the F4 DSDT file, then make sure your system is running the F4 bios. This will normally be shown on the screen when you first boot up your computer.

Having a different version bios and DSDT will almost certainly cause it problems installing and running the system.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back