osx 7 lion
CPU
core i7 920
Graphics
ati 5770 1gb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey I know this is the photography thread but I just wanted to share my inspiration to go into hackingtosh. I was delving deeper into mac since I got a macbook and once i got over all the paranoia of having spyware tools and virus tools and scanning every week I actually started to do work and use that spare time I now had to get creative. So after like 3 years, I needed a more powerful machine to keep up with my new needs.

I built the customac pro and I run photoshop, lightroom, and occassionaly premiere for these new video capabilities in these HD cameras. The system is perfect. Runs so smooth. I can't believe I was holding back for so long. The increase in performance is just mind boggling to me.

For field work I have played with a dell mini 10v and it works great. Good to dump sd and cf cards and just review things on the go. I'm working on a cheap mini atx, maybe I can take this with me with a small screen like a small portable studio. If not I'll just find a compatible laptop. The reason for a bigger laptop than the dell mini would be for tethered shooting.

Either way I saved a lot and I am still using the software I love and I can still keep windows on a rather powerful machine for the gaming and other software associated with windows only. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back