CPU
intel Xeon 5650 (3.8 ghz)
Graphics
Gainward Geforce gtx 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HI everyone. I'm running a full working Hackintosh (MSI x58 pro-E + intel i7 920 + MSI Nvidia geforce 9800GT); i went from SL 10.6.3 (retail install) to 10.6.8 and then to LION, but no OS update could fix this issue: liquify filter in Photoshop CS5 works with low responsiveness, something like a time lag that makes its use frustrating. I know for sure that Adobe had this problem even with real Macs too, but they addressed and fixed this issue with a subsequent update. I made every update released till today but with no success. Anyone who experienced the same problem?...and in the end: does an Hackintosh really WORKS if not just to surf with safari or to play with iPhoto or similar "toys"?

thanks in advance

Too late response :)

I can't help you with liquify filter, I can say that a "Hackintosh really WORKS". I did lot of real web design/graphic work, sometimes with more than 48 non-stop hours. BUT that was under 10.6.6 and 10.6.7, with Lion I have had some annoying issues with Ps CS5 specifically with fonts.

You can depend on a hackintosh (and that depending on your hardware), but I think Lion (or maybe Adobe) still have some annoying compatibility issues with some apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back