Contribute
Register

Photoshop CC crashes in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
To fix your crashing problem you need to disable OpenCL, just un-tick OpenCL render. Instruction: go to preferences then select performance then on the right you will see the advanced tab, click it and un-select OpenCL.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update and the reason i am stoping on yosemite for now, a few of adobe products are not fully compatible yet and will not use your hardware to its full potential.

The funny thing is that I have to disable the graphics card acceleration in Illustrator. BUT in Photoshop not. It is so wired.

[Btw. I run the machine with MacPro3.1 under 10.11.1 again -> Open CL Support is enabled and PS is running.]

Hello,

I finally found the problem and it was not linked to my GPU or Nvidia Web Drivers... It was a problem with CEPhtmlengine caused by my rules of outgoing connections in LS.

Fix for me :D

I don't get it exactly. Did you block it first and now you opened the connection for the service? I don't block anything to Adobe.

To fix your crashing problem you need to disable OpenCL, just un-tick OpenCL render. Instruction: go to preferences then select performance then on the right you will see the advanced tab, click it and un-select OpenCL.

This worked for me. Thanks Tec Junkie!
EVGA GeForce GTX580
GPU Driver Version: 10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01
CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.51
Multibeast 8.1.0 / Customize / Inject NVIDIA: YES

Under El Capitan my Photoshop CC 2015 crashed at startup without any error.
It seems to be OpenCL problem.
I've tryed LuxMark and it showed that CPU uses OpenCL, but GPU (Nvidia GTX 560ti) didn't. So I've added "nvda_drv=1" boot flag to clover (Nvidia injector is checked in my Clover) and after that GPU also had OpenCL support and Photoshop opens normally.

I hope this will help you.

Hi EasyViber,

My NUC with built-in Intel Iris Graphics 540 crashed at startup with Photoshop CC. Can you please suggest any help for me? because I heard the boot flag to clover could help but I don't know how to add the boot flag to clover.

Thanks for your time.

:)

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update and the reason i am stoping on yosemite for now, a few of adobe products are not fully compatible yet and will not use your hardware to its full potential.

Hi Tec Junkie,

Do you mean the System Preferences of the Mac? Since I cannot find the performance button/key in the System Preferences.

Sorry, I am a new user of Mac.

Thanks!

Hi Tec Junkie,

Do you mean the System Preferences of the Mac? Since I cannot find the performance button/key in the System Preferences.

Sorry, I am a new user of Mac.

Thanks!
Hey dude,

Another Intel NUC (Skylake) user here. Photoshop just crashes as soon as I open it. Lightroom opens no problem.

Did you find a solution?

Yes, it was solved and it is due to incorrect graphic card ID settings in clover.

please see
"El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC"

Hey dude,

Another Intel NUC (Skylake) user here. Photoshop just crashes as soon as I open it. Lightroom opens no problem.

Did you find a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back