Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's an odd one. Did my 10.10.3 update without issues. Re-did my AppleHDA kext and fixed trim. All was well.
I opened photos and waited while it updated by iPhoto library. All was well.
As soon as it finished though and it loaded my photos, the system instantly powered off and then rebooted.
On the second start up, I left the system sitting for a while to see if it was unrelated to photos, but the system remained stable.
I watched a youtube video or two, and the system remained stable.

I opened Photos, and within 30 seconds, the system power cycled.

I can't find anything in the system log that indicates what happened.
Any thoughts?

EDIT: I started photos with option held, created a new empty library. This appears stable. So it is something about the iPhoto migration. Can't imagine what for the life of me. Opening it in iPhoto still works.

I am having the same problem. Here is what I have figured out:
If you delete the Photos library and start fresh it is stable. I am able to import small numbers of photos from both Aperture and a plain finder folder. I am able to share those photos to iCloud. When I try to import more than a few photos (say 100) or a large video, there is an instant power cycle and then Photos is generally screwy when it the system reboots - the only real fix is to delete the library again.
The only thing that I can think of is that Photos is somehow incredibly taxing on the CPU and its doing a thermal shut-down? Seems unlikely though since I regularly use handbrake and aperture with no issue.
Has anyone made any progress on this?
Incidentally the system is really stable with this exception and one other - I can sync my iPhone with no issue but if I try to sync my iPad it hangs the whole system (no power cycle).

Same system and same problem for me, no clue what is causing it. see nothing in the console

Refloated the subject because I find the same problem. Someone found solution?

I started having the exact same issue with the z97x-ud5h after opening up an old iPhoto catalog for the first time. Did a bit of research and it seems to have something to do with the facial recognition feature in iPhoto.

Here's the steps I took to break out of that reboot cycle:
  • Booted into Recovery HD from Clover
  • Opened up Terminal and renamed all my iPhoto Libraries
  • Removed the iPhoto Photo Analysis Launch Agent from /System/Library/LaunchAgents:
    Code:
    rm -rf com.apple.photoanaysisd.plist
  • Ran my hackintosh yesterday and today for a few hours and haven't noticed any issues. It was previously auto-rebooting within a minute of logging in.
I would still be curious if anyone has found an alternate fix that enables you to run iPhoto. I'm worried even importing an iPhoto catalog into Lightroom will cause a reboot loop again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back