Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
CPU: 3.1 GHz i5-2400 Quad on GA-H67-UD3H-B3
Graphics: Nvidia 512mb, 9500GT 1gb

This is crazy! I built the Sandy Bridge system noted above and everything was fine for about a month. Now, the system won't boot from the hard disk, nor from iBoot (3.0). It sounds like a Bios setting that may have gone a stray. Has anyone else ever experienced this before?

Since it's a dual boot system with two hard drives partitioned (divided in 2) with hard drive 1 as Mac OSX extended journaled / FAT32, and hard drive 2 as NTFS (Windows) and FAT32, I booted into Windows by hitting F12 at startup and can still access the NTFS and FAT32 partitions just fine from within Windows. Therefore, I think that the hard drives are fine. I think that this is a Bios issue, but I don't know what may changed.

Sorry for the long message....just perplexed. Thanks. :crazy:

Have you tried all the standard boot flags?

-v

-v -x

-v -x -F

RTK said:
Have you tried all the standard boot flags?

-v

-v -x

-v -x -F

It seems that I can't even get that far. I get the "Loading Operating System...... Disk error, Press Any key to restart". I get this message when trying to boot from the hard disc, and also from the iBoot cd. Strange.

Something tells me that building LGA1155's aren't as stable as the 1156's.

keysdude said:
It seems that I can't even get that far. I get the "Loading Operating System...... Disk error, Press Any key to restart". I get this message when trying to boot from the hard disc, and also from the iBoot cd. Strange.

Does it boot the windows HDD? sounds like a hardware issue, try different ram and sata cables.
keysdude said:
I dont believe that My system has an uptime of 15 days and cpu is nearly always maxed out all 8 threads.

smakked said:
keysdude said:

Does it boot the windows HDD? sounds like a hardware issue, try different ram and sata cables.
keysdude said:
I dont believe that My system has an uptime of 15 days and cpu is nearly always maxed out all 8 threads.

Yes, the Windows side can boot just fine (by hitting F12 to select the Windows HDD). The strange thing is that the iBoot cd will also not boot.

Hi,

I had something similar before. OSX won't boot anymore at all, windows 7 BOOTS without problems. Although, in windows the system was really unstable. Maxing out the CPU for a few seconds crashed the whole system.
Turns out my i5 went bad. Replaced it, no problems anymore since. Haven't run OS X on it since, either.

Best regards,
Daniel

danosx86 said:
Hi,

I had something similar before. OSX won't boot anymore at all, windows 7 BOOTS without problems. Although, in windows the system was really unstable. Maxing out the CPU for a few seconds crashed the whole system.
Turns out my i5 went bad. Replaced it, no problems anymore since. Haven't run OS X on it since, either.

Best regards,
Daniel

Wow! Really? Ok, thanks for the feedback. I just ordered an 1156 where I've had good success. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back