Contribute
Register

Performance Parallels / Steam - TeamFortress2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i3 > Need Model > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > need model # > See Rules!
hey guys, maybe one of you got/solved my problem.
i'm trying to play tf2 through parallels ( parallels 5 / win7 ) but the performance is
- lets say - not the best. heavy "lagging" - not playable.

my system
10.6.2 SL
GB P55 ud2 rev.1.0 f7 (aka. tony-board)
core i5 750@3,2
4bg 1333
gtx 260 896mb

a friend of mine runs this combo with his mbp (2,53ghz / 512mb nvidia dedicated gpu)
with playable performance... any suggestions?! got used to osx, dont want to boot win
everytime i want to play...

-carver

Re: Performance Prallels / Steam - TeamFortress2

If you can hold off for a few weeks/months, Valve is likely going to release OS X versions of their games. Having it run natively in OS X would provide a huge boost in performance. But, if the problem you're having is with OpenGL, then you're most likely going to find another solution.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1157656

Or it could just be the new Beta which looks pretty close to those graphics.
But still, there might be an OS X version...

Yea! It will be like 1998 for Mac Users!

A comment from the Gizmodo article, I thought that was pretty funny. I still have my original Half Life CD from 1998 any bidders? :lol:

Heyyo,

Parallels for Mac runs like ASS. I tried it back when I had my 2008 15" MacBook Pro.. ran like dong on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I'd reccomend trying something like CrossOver for Mac, Cider for Mac or just wait for Steam for Mac to come out with TF2. :p

i think the key thing in the OP's topic was that his friend runs the same software with playable performance on a mediocre (mbp) setup.

Is it because SL isn't utilizing the full power of the computer? i'm really curious to know how much of the available processing power SL can actually use from these hackintosh machines.

VMware Fusion just got upgraded to 3.1, with a HUGE speed boost. You should try that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back