Contribute
Register

Performance issues with 10.6.4. don't update yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD4P
CPU
Intel Core i7 860
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 260 SOC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
updated to 10.6.4, tried playing some Portal, major lag. did a cinebench test and it said open gl was 14fps. the geekbench score was the same as 10.6.3. i never used cinebench before with 10.6.3 so i don't know what the average was. cleared caches with Onyx, didnt make a difference. don't update yet or you'll be doing this :banghead:

odd, TF2 runs fine for me, although i haven't benchmarked or anything. possibly because i'm not aware of the speeds my comp should be running at!

Hmmm... Works OK for me...

I get roughly the same results with 10.6.4 as with 10.6.3 (actually a bit better)...

I get 27.57 fps and 5.12 pts (vs. 27.20fps and 4.85pts on 10.6.3)...

YMMV,

Good Luck!
Lnx2Mac

Are you guys sure it's OpenGL rendering? I'm not sure about all other rendering, but for OpenGL there's problems for all kinds of macs (if you would like proof check my above post).

Hey Seph, I think we're having the same problem, down to the actual FPS number. See my posts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=358&start=40 . Run a CPU benchmark in CB, I'm curious to see what it is.

edit:// so where is nvidia's fix that they mentioned? What does it consist of?

My machine with the 240 GT suffered badly with 10.6.4, even reverting the drivers to 10.6.3 did not help much. Reinstalling and only patching to 10.6.3 made a massive difference, all OpenGL apps are much smoother.

My other machine running a 9600 GT it was better after going back to 10.6.3 but only slightly. Seems like it down to the chipset in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back