Contribute
Register

Performance difference related to the bootloader used (Chimera x Clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P5P43TD
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GT740
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, guys

I wonder if anyone has noticed any performance difference in their hackintoshes related to the bootloader used (Chimera x Clover).

My system consists of a motherboard Asus P5P43TD + Core2Quad Q6600 + NvidiaGT740 + 12GB Ram DDR3 1333 + Samsung SSD 840 EVO.
I have both the Yosemite and the Mountain Lion installed with configured DSDT and realized that when I use the Chimera, the system is ready for use much faster than when using Clover. And I'm not talking about boot time. I use my station for recording and audio editing and also realized that my DAW's worked best when using the Chimera. I tried setting the Clover with the same Chimera settings and still could not achieve the same performance. There is a process called MDS that shows different behavior when I start the system with one or another bootloader. Staying for some time with almost 100% processor usage when using the Clover and practically not interfering at system startup when using the Chimera.

If anyone knows of anything related to this and want to share, I would appreciate it. I found nothing on the Web about.

Thank you

Hey, guys

I wonder if anyone has noticed any performance difference in their hackintoshes related to the bootloader used (Chimera x Clover).

My system consists of a motherboard Asus P5P43TD + Core2Quad Q6600 + NvidiaGT740 + 12GB Ram DDR3 1333 + Samsung SSD 840 EVO.
I have both the Yosemite and the Mountain Lion installed with configured DSDT and realized that when I use the Chimera, the system is ready for use much faster than when using Clover. And I'm not talking about boot time. I use my station for recording and audio editing and also realized that my DAW's worked best when using the Chimera. I tried setting the Clover with the same Chimera settings and still could not achieve the same performance. There is a process called MDS that shows different behavior when I start the system with one or another bootloader. Staying for some time with almost 100% processor usage when using the Clover and practically not interfering at system startup when using the Chimera.

If anyone knows of anything related to this and want to share, I would appreciate it. I found nothing on the Web about.

Thank you
Legacy BIOS works best with Chimera/Chameleon rather than Clover installed Legacy Mode unless you have a DSDT and SSDTs installed for your hardware in Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Hi, Going Bald!

First of all, thanks for the reply.

I put my DSDT file in Clover/ACPI/Patched directory.

Is there any difference between the DSDT file that should be used in Chimera and what should be used in Clover?

I do not have the SSDT file to my processor. This can negatively impact performance of my system using Clover? Or rather: When using the Clover, SSDT file is essential?

Thanks a lot for the help ;)

Hey, guys

Thank you

It would be interesting to see the bench mark results from your system with each boot loader using CINEBENCH_R15, UNiGiNE Heaven and Gookbench 3 .

Good modding,
neil

Hey, guys

Thank you

Please HELP!!!!!
Good afternoon! Guys please tell me whether it is possible to install on my computer OS X, the configuration of this motherboard ASUS P5P43TD, Intel Xeon X5460 processor , RAM, 12 GB , hard drive 1 TB, NVIDIA GTX 750 TI, Socket 775 graphics card , if you can then tell how I will all very grateful .

Please HELP!!!!!
Good afternoon! Guys please tell me whether it is possible to install on my computer OS X, the configuration of this motherboard ASUS P5P43TD, Intel Xeon X5460 processor , RAM, 12 GB , hard drive 1 TB, NVIDIA GTX 750 TI, Socket 775 graphics card , if you can then tell how I will all very grateful .

I think that you have a CPU socket miss-match 775 vs 771.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back