Contribute
Register

Performance Boost with MacOS over Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 13t-4000 802D 58.39 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5-5200U/X58
Graphics
Intel HD5500, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Who amongst you has gotten a performance boost in MacOS vs. Windows?

On my HP Spectre x360 (2015 Broadwell), I got a 12% Geekbench increase compared to other users of the same computer. Unfortunately, I never tried Geekbench back when I had Windows on my laptop.

Windows is slow not in hardware performance view. It's peace of **** because their updates slows all system and takes a time every day. Apple make one big update in few month - windows make 1000 updates every weak. Slow reboot, shutdown and other ****.

Who amongst you has gotten a performance boost in MacOS vs. Windows?

On my HP Spectre x360 (2015 Broadwell), I got a 12% Geekbench increase compared to other users of the same computer. Unfortunately, I never tried Geekbench back when I had Windows on my laptop.

Maybe it's the fact I am using old system definition (MacPro 5,1) but... same disk operations (copying the same file over, compressing the same files/folders) actually taking shorter time in Windows 10 than on High Sierra (Crucial MX200 disks, Haswell Xeon 1231v3).
Those are not big differences, but they are. I will say (surprisingly) - Windows is more stable (but that again, may came from the fact I know Windows very well, so it is tuned perfectly).

The "performance" is also for me not only the physical speed of hardware. It is also the fact that Thunderbolt with all plugged devices, adaptors, all USB ports and so on - just work.

Again opposite - Win 10 boot time is not longer than 10 seconds. That reminds me good old times with OSX - Mountain Lion, where I had such great boot times. My MacBook Pro with HS needs at least 16 seconds. But again - I did not try mackintosh on modern hardware.

I live in forest, damn birds are calling me out since 5 in the morning ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back