Intel Core i7 - 9700K
Graphics
Radeon Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Hackintosh with the following hardware:

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P B3 | i5-2500 Sandy Bridge | Corsair Blue 16gb Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX460 FPB 1GB memory | 32 inch Vizio 1080p Television
OCZ Agility 60gb SSD | LG Blue Ray Burner
Antec CP850 | Antec P183 Case

I built my system in January of last year, and it's been running Lion 10.7.2. I have another HDD with Windows 7 installed on it for dual booting. I haven't really made any updates.

Basically I turned on my screen while booted into OSX and I just had a black screen with the pinwheel spinning. I powered down my system just thinking I had a freeze of some sort but when I powered back on, I got a POST error. The messages flashed on the screen too fast for me to see what was the issue, but I had two choices of starting the system, one was default settings and another one was last best used.

I chose the default settings, and when I tried to boot I just got the default apple logo with a loading icon, and then I got a small icon in the center of the screen with a computer with a circle around it and a line through the computer icon.

I wondered if my SSD was going bad, so I tried to restart and boot from the HDD with Windows installed, and it got to the windows startup logo, then a blue screen flashed with some text that was too fast for me to read.

I opened the case up to see if there was anything suspicious going on inside, and I reseated all my cable connections.

Same issue when I tried to start up again.

I'm wondering if I have a motherboard issue? I've been looking for a diagnostics tool in my BIOS but i'm not finding anything so far.

Any suggestions?

You may have had better luck if you would have chosen last best settings. Choosing default settings for bios Means your disk settings go back to IDE instead of ACHI.

Reboot your computer and go back into the bios. Check all your settings and make sure that they are correct for your build & not simply OoB defaults.

I do most likely need to go back through and check that, but I was concerned when even my Windows partition wouldn't boot up. That should work no problem so I was a little worried I might be having some BIOS issues or motherboard problems. I've updated the BIOS once back when I did my initial install for OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back