Contribute
Register

[PERFECT SUCCESS] robertwigfield's Build: GA-Z87X-UD5H - i7-4770K - GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Xcode and Cuda installation my mackintosh freeze ...
U know if is necessary multi beast again because Xcode change something?

PS: It freezes when i try to see an mp4 file (generated new with cuda) pressing space bar on the file name in the folder. It open the video (that don't start) but all freeze. Last time this operation made an error with the normal error windows.

* SOLVED *
Was a QuickTime issue

No Problem.
Use the one labeled "AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14"
Sorry about the YouTube video. I seem to have forgotten to paste it. I'm not sure if it will help or not, but figure I might give it a shot.

[video=youtube;5RVIxWAaF2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVIxWAaF2o[/video]​

Thank you for the video, and the clarification on the network settings. Thanks to your help, my hackintosh is back to running flawlessly! thanks again for your help!

Thanks Robert,

I didn't succeed at the first attempt, but with your settings it seems that my first build is working fine, although I've suffered a couple of screen freezings. It was while playing music or .mov files. I suppose the problem could be the ALC898 driver. Are there some specific kexts for audio patches?

I updated Mavericks yesterday to 10.9.3 and since then I haven't had any. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Hi, here almost the same setup BUT..................everything works at 4K Ultra HD.........tsssss
Same mobo,
Same GPU
Same CPU
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32GB (4x8)
2x250 GB SSD (one for W8.1 64-bit and one for Maveriks)
Disks can be (hotpluggable) placed at the top of my Thermaltake New Soprano Case, so on for Windows boot and one for Mac boot.
1TB Hewlett Packard Sata3 server harddisk.
Samsung 28" UHD monitor at 60HZ (only trough Displayport)

Works now with 10.9.3
Best regards,
Léon

2013/2014 Haswell Hackintosh (10.9 Mavericks)

Update on freeze: After a series of freeze, not a problem of mobo, i see that there isn't in configuration the "multibeasting" of

NullCPUPowerManagement

is important to add it (Is in misc menu of multi beast) because freeze are normal issues of Hackintosh
Plus SMC add NullCPUPowerManagement and no freeze with 16-32 or 64 GB of RAM at 1600-2300 Mhz

Update to 10.9.4 with App Store all works fine after "multibeasting (6.3.1)" audio , eth , NullCPUPowerManagement (trim manually)

trim instructions (copy and paste in terminal)
Code:
 sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

and after touch

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

Okay you're the best.
I have been trying since January to get my Hackintosh up and running. I've had limited success but never the amount of success that I have had since I've followed your instructions.

Your BIOS and MultiBeast settings apparently are spot on.

I've been running now for three weeks doing Lightwave renders that run for as long as 26 hours straight.

Not a single failure. (Knock on wood)
Very please.

Thank you again

There are a couple of additions to Multibeast since your original posting. Here are mine.

MultiBeastSettings.png
My Build

i7-4770K Quad-Core
GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 LGA 1150
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked
Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
TX 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS
Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache

Steve
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.