Contribute
Register

[PERFECT SUCCESS] robertwigfield's Build: GA-Z87X-UD5H - i7-4770K - GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you this if 4 sticks make it unstable on Z87 it would be unstable under windows also right? Because my its rock solid under windows. I need to get this box to 32GB and I can't get there with 2 sticks.

Thanks

I believe the issue with 4 sticks of RAM and the Z87 motherboard has to do with OS X. I think it has to do with the way OS X communicates with this motherboard when it has 4 sticks of RAM installed.

Thx for your build tutorial.

Which BIOS version are you running ?

I'm getting freezes to.. after 15 min of working or 2 hours of idle in os.

I got 2 banks of ram installed in channel B of the motherboard. (dual channel config)
I got a Crucial m4 SSD installed.

Does someone installed TRIM Support from multibeast?

Thx for your build tutorial.

Which BIOS version are you running ?

I'm getting freezes to.. after 15 min of working or 2 hours of idle in os.

I got 2 banks of ram installed in channel B of the motherboard. (dual channel config)
I got a Crucial m4 SSD installed.

Does someone installed TRIM Support from multibeast?

I am running the BIOS that came preloaded onto the motherboard. I never updated it. Is your RAM in the correct order. There are 4 slots, but you are supposed to install the RAM in this order: 1324. If you only have two sticks, the ram should go into the first and third slots from the right.

Ok,

I got a Power Mac G5 case so, my motherboard is upside down.
It's for me from the left the first and the third, but that's not a dual channel setup.

Also i wanna know why the GPU in the bios is on 64mb.
In mavericks it's 1024mb.

Edit:

It worked, i even played a game for an hour.

Also the OS recognize the speed of the ram.

Thx again.

I'm a little concerned about my ram voltage.
HWmonitor is showing a ram voltage of 2.0. which is 0.5 volt to high.

PS:

It's a long time ago i was busy with hackintosh.
I even joined a dutch hackintosh crew.
10.5.6 i started and on 10.7.0 i stopped.
But back in the days it was way harder to keep your hack alive.

Now if you buy the right parts is easy to build a hackintosh.

Thanks!!
Work great for me.

INTEL CORE I7 4770 3.40ghz LGA 1150 Haswell Socket 3190
KINGSTON HYPER X BEAST DDRIII 16GB 1600MHZ (2x8GB) 2074
HD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Buffer SATA 3 WD CAVIAR BLACK
Nvidia Gforce GTX650ti

Hi,

I have the same motherboard as you and was able to successfully install Mavericks from usb however I got an error installing FakeSMC through multibeast. The error said something like 'Kernel extension is not from an identified developer'. As we have similar hardware I now have hope that its workable and hopefully get this up and running!

Thank you.

...I got an error installing FakeSMC through multibeast. The error said something like 'Kernel extension is not from an identified developer'. As we have similar hardware I now have hope that its workable and hopefully get this up and running!
It should have also said that it would install the kext anyway. You should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back