Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
2013/2014 Haswell Hackintosh (10.9 Mavericks)

This was not only my first Hackintosh build, but also my first computer build as well! I was so please with this project. If you are thinking about doing a hackintosh build in about the $1200 dollar range, buy these exact parts! I did this entire build in under 4 hours. The installation was so basic and simple. There was no problems. I did, however, run into a "boot0" error that was very simply fixed with this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html That was the only "problem" that I ran into with this build.

Here is the parts list:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 LGA 1150 2-Way SLI Dual LAN ATX Motherboard
  • Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5
  • Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Power Supply: Corsair HX 750 Watt Power Supply- Professional Series
  • Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (I will later upgrade to an SSD)
  • Case: Corsair Carbide 500R ATX- White with blue LED's (LED's are built in and work for this motherboard
  • Wifi Card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapte
  • Firewire Card: Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394 (Yes, I know Firewire is outdated, but I need it for my audio interface for audio production.)
Here is a link to my amazon wish list: http://amzn.com/w/1Z5CGTCB1NFBK

BIOS Setup:

• Disabled Wake on LAN
  • Disabled Intel Virtualization technology. ( It may come pre-disabled)
  • Enabled EHCI Hand-off
  • Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto (XHCI Hand-off was already enabled)
  • Choose my Graphics Card as first display device

MultiBeast: DSDT Free installation:

Besides the Defaults, here is what I added:

• Audio: ALC898 (HDA Enabler is automatically selected when you click "ALC898"
  • Misc: USB 3.0 Universal + FakeSMC + FakeSMC Plugins + FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
  • Network: Intel hnak's AppleIntelE1000
  • Bootloaders: Chimera v2.2.1

I have an album on my account page if you would like to view some pictures. Runs all of my Pro apps like a charm: Final Cut Pro X, Ableton Live Suite 9

IMG_1663.jpgIMG_1662.jpgIMG_1661.jpgIMG_1660.jpgIMG_1659.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 841
Hi, any particular reasons why you are not using the Firewire headers on the motherboard? I have the same motherboard and it works perfectly. Thanks

Thanks man, mine's working!

DSC05862.jpg

That bios is huge and most of the guides for the same board give different settings but yours is working for me.

I have pretty much the same build as yours except SSD and I bumped up to 32GB ram and no video card.

I'm making mine for audio too, check out my album.

Cheers,
-Brian

Hi, any particular reasons why you are not using the Firewire headers on the motherboard? I have the same motherboard and it works perfectly. Thanks

Hello! And yes the header works, but in my particular case and the way that my firewire attached drive is situated, I needed it in the rear. Also, I didn't want cables coming from the front of the computer. Just a pet peeve. Otherwise, I would have used it.

Hey robertwigfield,
I'm a newbie at all this, and am building my first hackintosh, so I'd really appreciate your help.
ive actually bought and built the exact system as you have, (so I guess it's gonna work ;)) however once the build is finished i don't know what to do, so in terms of drivers and software. (When do I install the drivers of the Gpu, ssd...)

what would really help me would be some really short dot points describing the steps you did after you finished your build and turned it on for the first time.

Eg. -turn on comp
- press so and so to do this...

I'd seriously be so thankful,

kind regards

j0nii

email me
Robert.wigfield5 at gmail.com

Hello Robert

I have the same configuration as you, except a GeForce GTX 770 2Gb for the graphics. I'm very happy with this, as this is my first hack, even if I still didn't use it for it's real purpose: video editing and color grading.

I've few questions: do you have any issue with with screen freezing? It happens sometimes to me. I'm afraid that it becomes a regular issue, but still didn't find any solution. But it might come only here or there.

And I was wondering if the bluetooth adapter is working well? Can you connect two devices at the same time?

Thanks for your advices.

Mathieu

Hello Robert

I have the same configuration as you, except a GeForce GTX 770 2Gb for the graphics. I'm very happy with this, as this is my first hack, even if I still didn't use it for it's real purpose: video editing and color grading.

I've few questions: do you have any issue with with screen freezing? It happens sometimes to me. I'm afraid that it becomes a regular issue, but still didn't find any solution. But it might come only here or there.

And I was wondering if the bluetooth adapter is working well? Can you connect two devices at the same time?

Thanks for your advices.

Mathieu

I'm very happy with this build as well. And about the freezing, no I have not had any issues with freezing. Not sure what that would be from.

Hey robertwigfield,
I'm a newbie at all this, and am building my first hackintosh, so I'd really appreciate your help.
ive actually bought and built the exact system as you have, (so I guess it's gonna work ;)) however once the build is finished i don't know what to do, so in terms of drivers and software. (When do I install the drivers of the Gpu, ssd...)

what would really help me would be some really short dot points describing the steps you did after you finished your build and turned it on for the first time.

Eg. -turn on comp
- press so and so to do this...

I'd seriously be so thankful,

kind regards

j0nii

To change BIOS settings, power on the computer and hold the "delete" key on your keyboard. Note: This is not the same button as the backspace. Go into your bios and change all the settings to match what I posted in the original post. Then, Click the exit/save button to save your settings. Now, you must make the Unibeast flash drive. Please respond if you would like further help. I see that you posted your inquiry over 5 days ago and do not want to put some time into a response that is no longer needed. Thanks! :)

Hello! And yes the header works, but in my particular case and the way that my firewire attached drive is situated, I needed it in the rear. Also, I didn't want cables coming from the front of the computer. Just a pet peeve. Otherwise, I would have used it.

Thanks for the reply, I am using the firewire onboard via a bracket at the back of the case. I was concerned that you didn't use it because of instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back