Contribute
Register

People's thoughts on PCIe M.2 SSD or SATA SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nicksoph, craigzen... if you guys are running the HP 8300 elite, could I ask for your help? I'm struggling with it.. my "skills" are not up to the task. Could any of you share your EFI with me? The only difference with my machine from stock is I have added a radeon rx580.

@Gratefulnoob - Which guide are you following? - Do NOT use the latest versions of Clover but use the version used in the guide (Clover Versions >5000 have a different file structure and probably best avoided unless described in the guide).
It's the start of the process that people most often get wrong - formatting and setting up the USB and my advice is as soon as it does not work according to instructions - Stop and ask for advice.

If you don't have much experience my advice is - pull your graphics card and unplug the NVMe drive and do an install just on the sata. Follow along and get it working with the bare minimum - you will have learnt a lot just going through that process - and then rebuild with all the right things in place.

Here some stuff you might wish to know about.

Hi thanks,

I was doing it a different way to the guide, I was cloning my MacBook Pro drive. I then ran clover boot loader on the cloned drive from my MacBook Pro. I dropped a load of kexts in I saw on a youtube video, I nicked your Config, and it worked - This was without GPU.

The hard rive it was on then failed so I had to get another and I've not managed to have any success with it.

Originally I think I used clover boot loader from January this year, as the video I was watching used that.

if you have a EFI that works for this machine could you share? I've not gone the boot disk way yet. I was hoping to get it going like last time, not sure what I did first time.

Also I bought an SSD this time to use - could it be duff? It's an integral V series if you know anything about them?

Thanks,

Nick

@Gratefulnoob - not posted the efi because although I have the machine it is not setup and Im hoping someone else will supply - maybe asking in the Sniki 8300 thread would be good. As for transferring, it is possible but more complicated than building from scratch and Id advise building fresh and then cloning the OSX partition which is still complicated but at least you are working from a known working config.

Your drive is almost certainly not faulty or incompatible, these errors are most frequently caused by following the poor instructions for formatting the drive/usb see here for details. The BIOS settings are critical too (and may be different for with or without an eGPU)

Do you have a mac/hack that's already working? If so Id be able to help you thru the build process but Im not really competent to help with the cloning of the drives.

@Gratefulnoob Hi. I could post my efi from my HP6300 later when I’m in front of it.

HI guys, thanks for your replies.

Nicksoph - yes formatted correctly I think, I had the same thing with the hidden (show all) drive - took a few days to figure that out.

Managed to get it to boot up just now, stuck on the apple logo..

Think I will go back to the drawing board and try a new approach tomorrow, maybe try the tutorial way.

Craighazen, yes if you have it it could be worth seeing if works, can't do any harm (blows up machine somehow lol)

Cheers,

Nick

Craighazen, yes if you have it it could be worth seeing if works, can't do any harm (blows up machine somehow lol)

Cheers,

Nick
I’ll switch her on later and upload the EFI for you. And you Installed drivers64UEFI folder on your EFI partition?.

Realised the advice given about starting off without the additional gpu is only a valid opinion IF your CPU has HD4000 graphics - a search on your actual CPU number (i5 34??) and follow the intel link and find the type of GPU - 3500 or 4000 - ONLY HD 4000 can run Mojave without an aditional gpu. Once you found out what CPU it is, it should go in your machine profile so others can see it.

Just saw your other thread - if you have really been at this a month and are still trying to make your own path, that's brave but I'd take UtterDisbelief's advice, winging it here might waste another one.

I’ll switch her on later and upload the EFI for you.
@Gratefulnoob having read your other thread, I’m not sure my EFI is going to help you. I also bricked my HP 6300 and I don’t want to post an EFI that’s likely to brick other Hackintoshs. What will help is knowing what your cpu is, if it has HD4000 that will be a bonus!. Yes the hackintosh path can be long and painful journey at first, but persistence will payoff!. And you never know!, maybe you’ll stumble across a setting that gets everything working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back