Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Im completely new to hackintosh and was trying to install mac os sierra onto my pc. I have created a bootable usb drive but when it came to configuring the bios on my pc, I couldn't see many of the settings that were shown on the videos I watched. The bios was very simple and hardly configurable. I did change what settings where available and tried to install mac os but when running the installation on verbose mode, I kept getting +++++++++++++++++. Looking on other forums, people have suggested that this is because of something missing???

Please can someone help and tell me if my motherboard is compatible - my pc is quite basic:

Intel core i5 6400 2.7ghz
8gb Ram
240gb SSD +2tb wd
AMD Radeon R5330

The complete specs of my computer and the motherboard:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04835128?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Im completely new to hackintosh and was trying to install mac os sierra onto my pc. I have created a bootable usb drive but when it came to configuring the bios on my pc, I couldn't see many of the settings that were shown on the videos I watched. The bios was very simple and hardly configurable. I did change what settings where available and tried to install mac os but when running the installation on verbose mode, I kept getting +++++++++++++++++. Looking on other forums, people have suggested that this is because of something missing???

Please can someone help and tell me if my motherboard is compatible - my pc is quite basic:

Intel core i5 6400 2.7ghz
8gb Ram
240gb SSD +2tb wd
AMD Radeon R5330

The complete specs of my computer and the motherboard:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04835128?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Thanks in advance!

If your motherboard BIOS does not allow you to make the required adjustments (because of those options not available), you may not be able to reach the MacOS installer. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

I don't think installing MacOS on these OEM computers is a good idea because :
(1) Hardware on the motherboard (Audio / LAN / Bluetooth / Wifi etc.) may not be supported in MacOS.
(2) Motherboard BIOS may be so restricted that the necessary options may not be available to the user. (To reduce support instances and costs?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back