Graphics
GTX 980 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Running 2560x1440 and Windows gaming was not great on my 6870. Can I keep the 6870 in PEG1 to continue using my hackintosh but load a 7970 in to PEG2 for Windows? I envision DVI-D for Max rez on the 6870 in OSX and Displayport on the 7970 for max rez in windows and just change the input for what I am using. Hopefully i can just disable the 6870 in Win7 to force widows to use the 7970? Thoughts?

Well, I gave it a shot and it worked fine. You can't disable the 6870 in PEG1 in Windows or it freaks out, but I am successfully using a 6870 for OSX and a 7970 for Windows with little effort.

Hi, if you don't mind could you post a small guide on how you achieved this? I nearly have the exact same components you have minus the 6870 and since I still haven't gotten the 7970 to work well in OS X, I am wondering if I should go your route.

Also, what connections are you running through your computer to your monitors? Do you have to switch inputs or plugs everytime you want to use one or the other? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

i am also interested in how you've done this. I tried to use my IGP from Sandybride together with the 7970. IGP works fine, but with the 7970 plugged in the system wont boot to lion anymore (only with GraphicsEnabler=no, but ist not the goal). Making IGP default in Bios brings no improvement.

So i am wondering if could just buy a cheap osx-friendly card to use in lion, while windows uses the 7970.

Best Regards
Wolli

I'd also like to see a guide about using two different cards for OS X and windows.

HD3000 is doing just fine in OS X, but my windows partition is where I do my work and the card isn't compatible. Right now I switch inputs and plug/unplug the card into the power supply whenever I switch OSes. It works, but it's clearly not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back