Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking for a TV tuner card that works with EyeTV that i can plug into one of my PCIe slots so i dont have to use up one of my precious USB ports. It needs to work with digital cable but not mandatory that it needs to have support for analoge cable. Over the air support would also be nice but again not nessasary. Anyone know of one that works? I looked at EyeTV's website and they don't list any that are PCIe cards but i'm hoping that someone has found one that isn't listed there that just happens to work with the EyeTV software.

I just asked a question like this in the HTPC section, and with this you can DVR?

Ok but I see on there, this is not to be used with a cable/satellite receiver, I would like to do this with my att u-verse box so I can record shows movies etc.

What do you guys use?

subaro0o said:
I just asked a question like this in the HTPC section, and with this you can DVR?

Ok but I see on there, this is not to be used with a cable/satellite receiver, I would like to do this with my att u-verse box so I can record shows movies etc.

What do you guys use?
Since I own and use the HDHomeRun, I can most certainly vouch for its DVR capability.

As for cable/satellite TV, it looks like EyeTV HD is for you (it connects via USB if that's of concern to you): http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmen ... t1.en.html

Thanks Archelon, any other u know of that will work with W7?

I recommend the Hauppauge Colossus.
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/ ... ossus.html

I have the HDPVR which is essentially the same, but uses an external box and connects via USB. I've been using this for the past two years and works great. I have it connected to my Comcast STB and I can record all HD channels as well as any video coming from my XBOX or PS3, albeit via component cables for encrypted channels.

The only drawback is that you have to purchase EyeTV separately, but in my opinion is well worth it if you record and archive a lot of shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back