Graphics
iris pro+750M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Recently I replaced the SSD on sata in my Hackintosh with an Intel 760p which connects thru NVMe behind a PCIe adaptor because my build is based on Z77 platform whose BIOS must be modded to enable booting off from NVMe-based SSD. Everything worked fine until I found OneDrive for mac was unable to create a sync folder because the SSD was shown as 'external'. I previously set my sata SSD to be internal at ease by disabling hot plug for the sata port in BIOS. But there's no such an option for NVMe port, not to mention it was driven by some 3rd-party add-on driver. I tried with config.plist where I could force all drivers displayed as internal but that's apparently not working for drivers hooked on NVMe/PCIe port again.

Is there a solution to this issue, plz?

I've got NVME on my older X58 system. It shows as external and OneDrive has been fine for me (I've got a real MacPro5,1 with NVME too and again it shows as external and OneDrive is ok).

The problem I do have though is that my swap volume (APFS) doesn't mount.

There is a lilu plugin called "innie" which might help.

Looks like Innie it's not working on Catalina? At least not for me. I had to remove Lilu from L/E and have it only on EFI

Edit: My fault, didn't know that they updated it for Catalina, just downloaded version release 1.2.0

Probably a stupid question, but where can I download latest Innie from?

I've got NVME on my older X58 system. It shows as external and OneDrive has been fine for me (I've got a real MacPro5,1 with NVME too and again it shows as external and OneDrive is ok).

The problem I do have though is that my swap volume (APFS) doesn't mount.

There is a lilu plugin called "innie" which might help.
I have a Mac Pro 5,1 with NVME PCIe, too, my SSD shows external. Please please help me how can I fix this problem. I am not expert in hackintosh, actually i am a student.

Please guide me step by step how to use lilu plugin innie to fix this problem
Thank you.

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 with NVME PCIe, too, my SSD shows external. Please please help me how can I fix this problem. I am not expert in hackintosh, actually i am a student.

Please guide me step by step how to use lilu plugin innie to fix this problem
Thank you.
I recommend you search the MacRumor's forum, Mac Pro section: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/mac-pro.1/

Best to search that forum section first then post if you can't find a thread/post that discusses how to fix the External disk icon.

My dearest brother i search a lot on your from Mac pro section but i never found any post related to my issue ...my issue is that my MacPro 5,1 PCEi SSD shown as external how can i fix ...Any help you could provide would be much appreciated
Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back