Contribute
Register

pcie network card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170M
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,
I have changed my motherboard for a GA-Aorus pro with i225 ethernet (which of course does not work even in windows) I have tried everything and not even windows recognize it, I think it is broken.
I have a working usb card from Asustor, but it's the one I had for the NAS.
Do you know any pcie network card that does not have many problems?
Maybe RTL8125?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Before you go buying a new network card, can we see if we can get your built-in port to work.

First you need to be a bit more precise with your motherboard description. Which Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard are you using, Z390, Z490, Z590?

Is this a 2.5GB or 1GB Ethernet port on the Gigabyte motherboard?

There are different drivers and fixes available for the 2.5GB port, depending on whether it uses an Intel or Realtek chip.

Same goes for 1GB ports, there are a number of different drivers/kexts available depending on the make and model of the chip used.

Before you go buying a new network card, can we see if we can get your built-in port to work.

First you need to be a bit more precise with your motherboard description. Which Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard are you using, Z390, Z490, Z590?

Is this a 2.5GB or 1GB Ethernet port on the Gigabyte motherboard?

There are different drivers and fixes available for the 2.5GB port, depending on whether it uses an Intel or Realtek chip.

Same goes for 1GB ports, there are a number of different drivers/kexts available depending on the make and model of the chip used.
Sorry, it's a GA-Z490 Aorus pro AX with the Intel I225. I have tried to update the firmware but Windows doesn't detect any card, I have followed a lot of threads...

The reason why I think it is broken is that the mac of the network card does not appear on the motherboard.
210815071117.png

Windows does not detect the network card either, I have tried to update the firmware with two different applications and it does not work either.
Anotación 2021-08-15 080117.png

Anotación 2021-08-15 080330.png

So I don't know whether to change the motherboard or buy a network card:)

I already decided, I bought a GA-Z590 Aorus Elite AX
thank you anyway

OK, I hope you did some research before making the purchase. Looking at the User or Golden Builds from others using 500-series motherboard would have information you will need. As there are issues that arise with the use of the Z590 series of motherboards.

Namely the IGPU is not going to have full acceleration in macOS if you are using an 11th Gen CPU.

You also need to make sure you are running a compatible version of macOS for the 500-series motherboard chipset to work, alongside the accompanying 10th or 11th Gen CPU.

Apple haven't released a system using the 500-series chipset or 11th Gen CPU, so you definitely need to be aware that this will entail further research and work on your part to get it working with macOS.

Yes, I have already read some colleagues.
Well I can always go back to my old motherboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back